cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast and new home hub

We've just upgraded to fibre broadband. I have an iPad mini and a Chromecast as registered devices on my account. Will Now tv still recognise my Chromecast from the new home hub or will it think that it's a new device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

No, you should be fine, the broadband service you use won't affect your registered devices. In fact, you are welcome to take the a round to family or friends' homes and use them to watch NOW TV if you wish.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

No, you should be fine, the broadband service you use won't affect your registered devices. In fact, you are welcome to take the a round to family or friends' homes and use them to watch NOW TV if you wish.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to add to @Andy's post, If your with BT you may have to turn off the Smart Setup feature on your HomeHub for your Chromecast to work.

To do this follow this guide - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, we are with BT and have done that already, thanks. I've managed to get other apps such as iPlayer  and BT Sport working on the Chromecast ok with the new Home Hub. I don't have a current pass on my Now TV account and just wanted to make sure that it would still recognise the same Chromecast when I do get around to buying another pass. The fact that a Chromecast can only be linked to work on one Home Hub at a time was the thing that was concerning me.

Thanks for your help. This forum is a valuable source of information for a newbie like me.