cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chromecast and NOW TV not working together

My NOW TV on both my phone and ipad keeps coming up with the same error message that say wait a minute or go to nowtv.com/status.  

I have deleted chromcast and now tv on both devices and reinstated after rebooting the ophone and pad but still nothing.

48 REPLIES 48
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Does your smart device ie smart phone, tablet etc play the nowtv app without casting to your TV ?

Not familiar with the Plusnet Routers, however make sure that you are not using some sort of VPN setting on your Router.

Maybe try switching off the Router for about 30 minutes to enable the Router to default back to it's ISP IP auto settings.

I am guessing you have done the usual things like deleting and reinstalling both the nowtv app and Chromecast app, rebooting the Chromecast dongle etc.

Perhaps there might be some helpful pointers in this Chromecast Troubleshooting article linked below.

http://www.howtogeek.com/207597/how-to-troubleshoot-common-google-chromecast-issues/

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm using an iPhone to cast & yes I've tried everything & nothing is working as of yet.

Are there anything in regards to the router that would of done this?
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  are you trying from within the app or screen mirroring.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I'm using app, it loads but doesn't load at all, I feel it's something to do with my router or nowtv themselves?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Quick question are you using IOS 10 on your iPhone, if so the nowtv app is not currently compatible with the IOS 10 ? 

Also i believe the nowtv app will not work on jailbroken or imported iPhones.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I've updated my phone to the latest IOS.
Would that be why the nowtv app won't cast from my phone to the chromecast?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yes, nowtv are currently working on an nowtv app to work with IOS 10.

At the moment if you wish to use the nowtv app you will have to temporary revert back to IOS 9 on your iPhone.

Have a read of this linked thread for further information.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mac-OS/Problem-with-application-on-IOS-10-Beta/m-p/386117/highlight/true#M1787

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks a lot 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

My NowTV app works fine when streaming on my iPad. However when i use it through Chromecast i cant it it past the sky "ready to cast" scteen on my tv.

I have reset my chromecast and restored it to factory settings.

What can be done to fix this, its skysports that im trying to cast.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi,

My NowTV app works fine when streaming on my iPad. However when i use it through Chromecast i cant it it past the sky "ready to cast" scteen on my tv.

I have reset my chromecast and restored it to factory settings.

What can be done to fix this, its skysports that im trying to cast.

@Anonymous User

Hi Darren 

Have you tried casting anything else such as youtube to test if it is an issue with the chromecast or nowtv

Thanks

Aaron