cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BicBasher
Elite

Chromecast 2 with NOW TV

So I've bought the new Chromecast and yes, it's much faster at casting from YouTube, Google Play, All4 and BBC iPlayer along with screen casting from Chrome is a lot better, even if the stutter remains with European videos (as the PC outputs at 60hz) and I got my free £20 on Google Play after help from Google CS on the phone.

However, there doesn't appear to be any difference between Chromecast 1 and Chromecast 2 with how long it takes to access the live streams and VoD, which is a shame.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
2 REPLIES 2
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BicBasher

using the Chromecast app on an android device. You can access the settings for your chromecast in the settings there will be an option which says something along the lines of:

Enable 50 Hz output where available

To get the most out of a Chromecast you need to be using it with an android device. You probably can't access the 50 Hz option through a PC

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
BicBasher
Elite

Hi @commanda6

The settings on the new Chromecast are already at 50hz, it only affects screen casting using Chrome on the PC where I get the motion issues now.  Now TV and other apps work fine through it.

Forgot to mention that despite the fact I already have a Movies Pass that doesn't run out until Feb, NOW TV CS on email have given me a new voucher which I can redeem at the end of the month which covers that part of the Chromecast promotion.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.