cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting button has disappeared

For the last two days I have been unable to cast from
My iOS app. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, reset my chromecast and made sure both are on the same network. Other apps cast perfectly well, but NowTV no longer appears to see the chromecast.
32 REPLIES 32
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Quick question are you using a BT Router, if so try switching off the smart setup by following these instructions.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi no i am not using a BT router i am in Ireland using NowTV.ie app

I am using another phone that is sharing its connecton as the router why would that make a differece to NowTV given other apps work just fine.

Also today the NowTV  PC apllicaton stopped working and had to be reinstalled to get it working.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure, but looking at the NowTV Ireland website homepage i couldn't see Chromecast mentioned as a currently supported device by NowTV Ireland ?

See this article taken from the Ireland Help Centre about current supported NowTV devices for NowTV Ireland service where Chromecast is not currently supported.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so the chromecast is not supported in Ireland but it is elsewhere?

with all due respect the UK service costs 7.99 or 8.99 euro and here in Ireland your charging  15 euro £13.36 and you say chromecast is not supported (or on the PS4)

so your offering a service with limited platform availability at more money i might as well cancel and wait for game of thrones to appear on amazon and buy it from them and save a packet.

there is no excuse i can see for the chromecast not to be supported here as it is in the UK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Chromecast support and 40% more than the UK, I'm canceling Now with a month left on the trial period. What a waste of time.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I fully understand your frustration, however you need to take this up with NowTV Ireland, where you can contact them on the link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/contact-us/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

The NowTV Ireland is still in it's infancy and i am sure new devices will be added to the Ireland Service in due course (This was the case when NowTV UK first came to market).

According to the link on my previous post, NowTV Ireland are currently in the process of undertaking trials for the LG Smart TV's, Xbox one and PlayStation 4.

You mention in your post that you own a PS4, so why don't you see if you can sign up for the PS4 trial (Open my previous link posted about supported devices where there is a secondary link imbedded on the page to sign up to the PS4 trial). 

Sorry i couldn't help any further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is far from ideal. 

I signed up for this in the mistaken belief that Chromecast was supported but in light of this, I will be cancelling.

What I find particularly confusing is that it either previously worked or has been specifically disabled for Irish customers. I will be requesting a refund for my prepaid 3 months.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this problem for the last 2 weeks. I only have the option to choose my two boxes from my iphone and no longer have the chrome cast icon? Works fine in all other apps such as iplayer. Had the chrome cast for over a year now with no issue until now. Tried rebooting and removing and reloading apps. No joy. Anyone able to help?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue.. I think.  Now TV box no longer shows up in my cast list...except where using YouTube ..... Strange. All my other devices are listed Nexus , X box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If anyone having issues with there Chromecast, these are steps I’ve done that fixed problems
First restart your Chromecast
Restart your your Router/Hub
Then close NOW TV App on your Device
This did work for me