cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting button has disappeared

For the last two days I have been unable to cast from
My iOS app. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, reset my chromecast and made sure both are on the same network. Other apps cast perfectly well, but NowTV no longer appears to see the chromecast.
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I'm connected to the same wifi as the chrome cast
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Contacted live chat but all they did was refer me to a YouTube video on casting from iOS devices in general. Nothing to do with now TV. This is a show stopper for me. Without the ability took cast I will not be renewing my subscription. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

SAme problem here they dont really seem to have a clue on fixing it they kinda try to blame the user

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

hope you can help. For the past two days the chrome cast icon has disappeared from my now TV app. I have deleted and reloaded the app. Turned the wifi off and on but nothing has happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks 

emily 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, can anyone tell me how to cast through the app. There doesn't seam to be an option for me to do it. All other apps can stream perfect. This is very frustrating as was getting ready to get stuck into a few shows. Might be me but it's not the greatest first impression.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also unable to cast from the NowTv player on my Macbook to the Chromecast.  

There is no casting icon on the window for the player, so I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.

Please advise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've used nowTV with chromecast for a couple of years now but over the last few weeks it keeps cutting out. The actual cast button greys out so I can't click it, or disappears from the screen altogether. Even throughout the course of an episode it will freeze and stop casting several times. I've made sure all apps are up to date, signed out/in, deleted and reinstalled so many times but it never fixes the problem. I'm at the stage where it takes me 2 hours to watch a 1 hour programme because of all the faffing. What can I do to resolve this please?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, no cast icon, have re-installed the app and the chromecast serveral times, all other apps workign with the chromecast flawlessly, typical poor technical implementation from sky.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am afraid I don't have a solution for anyone. My now tv app eventually started working again, but nothing I did caused that to happen. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I factory reset the chromecast, I turned my phone on and off again, I disconnected from the wifi and connected again.
It still happens occasionally and so I have cancelled my now tv subscription.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I am trying to cast from my phone Android to my chromecast

Youtube and Netflix work perfectly

Now tv will only play on my phone and has no option to cast

Now tv has been reinstalled

Google home has been reinstalled

Chromecast was resetup again just in case

Google home app lists youtube and netflix as casting apps but not NOWTV

I have just started my free trial if i cant get this to work its going to be no sale

Anyone?