cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting Crashes/Fails with Nvidia Shield

Everytime I try and cast from Android (tried multiple devides) to my Nvidia Shield device, it crashes before playing any video at all.

Is there any plans to update the app to remedy this?

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Googlecast is not a chromecast... Google decided to change the hardware coding that handles Googlecast support...

This means there are coding issues with the OLDER chromecast designed apps... when trying to stream to Googlecast devices...

Currently the only Googlecast supported device is the Nexus player Version of googlecast...

NowTV do not announce development plans Due to cancelations and delays that create more NEGATIVE PR than a planned announcement will ever make in POSITIVE PR...   

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, fully aware of that tho. My question was about plans to develop

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Can anyone from Now TV say if they've registered this issue? I believe Google Casting is working to the Nexus Player and Sony Android TVs now, but it still isn't working to the Nvidia Shield Android TV correctly.

NowTV is my only Chromcast application which isn't working with the Google Cast function of the Shield, and it's the one I value the most.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry, we do not support Google Casting to the Nvidia Android TV at this time.

We're always looking at ways to improve the service for our customers so this may happen in the future.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any updates on this??  Got a shield for Xmas and disappointed it's broken there's no point in me staying subscribed otherwise.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry @Anonymous User, 

We have no updates regarding this at the moment in time. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is silly, you have an Apple TV app for a device that has a grand total of 3 useful apps in the UK yet you drag your feet to make things work for Android. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To add insult, you can't even sideload the app as you've blocked hdmi devices. It's a wonder why people pirate you know, when paying for things and expecting it to work is just not possible. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Side loading means the device is NOT an android Mobile device so gets blocked...

As other posts stated above Android TV is a FORCED standard by Google, is not open source like Mobile Android...

Android TV even has RULES about how apps are displayed and must run and how the app GUIs must display...

These RULES have even Blocked GOOGLES own Chrome browser from releasing on Android TV... but thats a good thing browsers suck with D-pads only. Realy needs Wifi direct keyboard and track pad/ball...