cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting Crashes/Fails with Nvidia Shield

Everytime I try and cast from Android (tried multiple devides) to my Nvidia Shield device, it crashes before playing any video at all.

Is there any plans to update the app to remedy this?

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is the one thing stopping me at the moment from trying the subscription service. I got a nowtv box and that works fine, but I don't really want to introduce another box under the TV when I've already got a shield and several other devices.

Given there's already an android app and an apple tv app I'm suprised at the lack of android tv app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have reported it to customer services so they should be aware, they just can't be bothered to fix it. Not everyone posts on the forums.

My money goes on it being a DRM software issue. The implementation for google cast is identical so it must be that now TVs receiver app contains hardware specific software... Like DRM.

Anyway, this issue is what has been stopping me subscribing, so perhaps a few hours of a developers time is worth spending?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought a sports pass assuming i could cast the stream to my Shield TV. After all, everything else i've tried casting to it works. In light of this, i'd like a refund on my pass. How do i do this??...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got a refund after contacting support, but it took a while to get them to understand the issue - they couldnt get their heads around the fact that google cast != chromecast.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

The Sheild isn't an officially supported device so sadly we cna't guarantee that this would work. If you are still awaiting a refund - provided you've not used the service to watch on any other devices this should be possible, jet let us know if you're still waiting.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This now works from iPhone, not sure about android, just had a now tv app update on my iPhone and can now cast to nvidia shield
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can confirm this is working now on the latest Android app as well.  Sitting watching it now via casting to shield TV 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

i bought a now tv box to watch Sky sports, however i also have an nividia shield tv in the house too. I decided to see if i could cast from my Samsung s7 to it, and have to say was really impressed. worked straight away, cast brilliantly...... for about 20 seconds..... then kept buffering, now i suspect that this is to do with the nividia shield connection, as my internet connection is fast, the now tv box streams without buffering.

This happened with every channel i tried, however, i can cast youtube fine from my phone and other apps.

Can someone from NOW TV get back to me and suggest some possible solutions

Steve

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Nvidia Sheild isn't officially supported by NOW TV so they won't provide support for it, it's a case of you can either get it to work or you can't, however with a bit of luck some of the other users in this thread may post back with some info that might help you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy, oh well. Hopefully when the next update is available it'll rectify my issues. Just strange how it's casts flawlessly for the first 20 secs then decides to crash. I will say tho... I am extremely surprised at the lack of an app and support for casting onto the shield tv. Considering it's one of the premier streaming devices out there. Thanks again tho.