cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cast to second tv?

Hello, i have two tvs i would like to be able to cast Now tv too. The Utube app can cast to either no probs but now tv only finds the first tv it was registered too...any ideas would be much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There's the problem, from what i understand the NowTV app on your mobile device will only cast to Android TV's with the Google Cast feature (Mirror casting is not supported).

If you want to watch NowTV on the second Sony (non Android TV) then you may need to look at a separate Chromecast dongle (UK supported only) or some other NowTV supported devices.

Here's a link for supported NowTV devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User
Hi. Do you mean have two chrome casts but if u meant two TVs just move chromecast to 2nd tv but if have 2nd Chromecast you will need to add it to your device list on NOW TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, i dont have a seperate chromecast device connected to my tv...it is built into Sony tvs...i believe its called miracast. When i try to cast now tv the app finds my Sony 55" tv but not the other tv. The utube app finds both tvs.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are both Sony TV's using the Android operating system with the Google Cast feature or is the second Sony TV an older model ?

If both Sony TV's are the Android version then i would make sure that both the Android and Google Cast software on the second TV Is fully up to date. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The second tv is the 2017 non-android model. I will double-check that everything is up to date when i get home from work.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

There's the problem, from what i understand the NowTV app on your mobile device will only cast to Android TV's with the Google Cast feature (Mirror casting is not supported).

If you want to watch NowTV on the second Sony (non Android TV) then you may need to look at a separate Chromecast dongle (UK supported only) or some other NowTV supported devices.

Here's a link for supported NowTV devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for your help.