cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Can't use chromecast

Hello I bought a chrome cast last month and tried casting to it. But it won't add NowTV as a device. I keep getting the error message saying max number of devices reached. I have removed all devices except for my iPhone hoping that would work and waited for Sept but I still can't cast. Please help or I'll cancel subscription as no use to me. Thanks

This post has been archived

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

Tags (1)
0 Thanks
6 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Can't use chromecast

@Thewampit

Does the NowTV app work off your iPhone without casting to your TV ?

Are you using iOS10 on your iPhone ? 

Who is your ISP and Router model number ? 

This post has been kept only for reference, it may contain out-of-date or inaccurate infomation.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hello @schnapps 🙂

Yes it works off the iPhone without casting.

I'm on 9.3.2

BT and it's the home hub 4.0

Thank you

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thewampit

Make sure that smart setup is disabled on your BT Router (see instructions linked below how to disable smart setup).

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

@schnapps yep done that but still get the error 😞

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thewampit

If you are still getting the message regarding maximum device limit, then jump over to nowtv live chat where hopefully they will free up a device slot for you.

Click on link below to contact live chat.

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Managing-Devices

Highlighted
Advocate

@schnapps thank you - sorted 🙂

0 Thanks