cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can nowtv be streamed to a laptop, then cast to a tv via chromecast????

Can anyone confirm or otherwise please. I am trying to set up a chromecast for my father, upon set up there was a nowtv 2 month free trial offer so I signed up. My father only has a windows laptop, no android devices. So i can get ordinary webpage services to stream to his tv throught the chromecast via his laptop, the issue is with Nowtv services. Can Nowtv services be streamed to my laptop, and then cast to my dads tv via the chromecast, or is this not possible. In any case it isprobablygoing to be too convoluted for me to be ableto explain to my ageing father. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not possible to cast NOW TV via a the Chrome Browser. You need an Android or iOS device for it to work.

I'd suggest something other than a Chromecast for your Dad. Anything with a TV gui and a remote would be better (Roku, NOW TV box, Amazon Fire*, Apple TV)

*NOW TV isn't available on this, but other services he might be interested may be.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's not possible to cast NOW TV via a the Chrome Browser. You need an Android or iOS device for it to work.

I'd suggest something other than a Chromecast for your Dad. Anything with a TV gui and a remote would be better (Roku, NOW TV box, Amazon Fire*, Apple TV)

*NOW TV isn't available on this, but other services he might be interested may be.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Agree with artesea,

In my house I have the following devices to choose from :-

NowTV black set top box,

AppleTV,

Amazon Fire TV,

Chromecast,

Roku streaming stick.

Being a person who enjoys his gadgets, each of the above device has its merits.

Sometimes my Dad will stay over (who is not technically minded) and out of all the streaming devices in my house, he prefers the Roku streaming stick, which in his opinion is the easiest one to work & use.

With the Chromecast, and my Dad not being "technically savy",  he just can't get his head around casting from a phone / tablet to the television set.

The Roku stick seems to have all the major UK streaming services such has, NowTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Google Play.

You can customize the home screen quite easily to add or remove the apps and you could keep the apps to the bear minimum not to confuse your Dad when navigating around the home screen.

During the Black Friday sales the Roku stick was selling for just under £30 (normaly priced some where around the £40 mark) which his extremely good value in my opinion.

Maybe during the Boxing / January Sales the price of the Roku stick may drop again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps, really helpful, I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks a lot!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much artesea.