cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering a lot recently

Hi
Recently I have been having problems with now tv. I have had two nights where programmes keep buffering. I can't watch a whole show without it buffering at some stage. I am using a Chromecast casting from an iPhone 6S. My internet speed is fine, I have no buffering issues with Netflix, iPlayer or Amazon Video. I tried to watch Twin Peaks last night but couldn't as it was buffering so much and tonight I managed almost a full episode of The West Wing before it started buffering near the end and made it unwatchable. This has both happened between 9.30 - 10pm
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User whilst your internet speed can be fine, WiFi channels can get clogged. Check with your internet provider how to check yours and change it if a lot of neighbours are using the same channel.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Possible but I have no problems with Netflix or BBC iPlayer on the same device at about the same time and it'll be using the same channel?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Sorry to hear you're getting a ton of buffering.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having the same problem for the past week or so , picture will get pixelated and unwatchable every 15 or so minutes. Netflix and BBC iPlayer have no problems casting just NOWTV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having some trouble there.

As has been suggested above by @4268 I would give changing the wireless channel a shot, also do a quick reboot of your router if you haven't done so already.

Cheers

Andy