cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Audio

Aanyone else having audio problems? Using Now tv app and chromecast. Sound is very crackly and stuttering.

Not normally a problem and nothing has changed. Almost unable to listen. Tv adverts seem fine!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Aanyone else having audio problems? Using Now tv app and chromecast. Sound is very crackly and stuttering.

Not normally a problem and nothing has changed. Almost unable to listen. Tv adverts seem fine!

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the forum

Have you tried things such as uninstalling and reinstalling the app from your device, also try powering everything off and turning them back on as they may reset the sound

Let us know how you get on with this

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aaron

Thanks for advise and apologies for slow response.

I had already re booted router , ipad, tv to no avail.

Audio was  no problem  the following  day - without any changes being made at all.

Still scratching my head.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I´m still having problems with my audio with the described stuttering, I´m hearing echo too. I have tried the usual uninstall reinstall with reboots in between, I´m Running Home Premium 7, do not have lagging, buffering or other issues with any other sites I use, all my TV is streamed. Any ideas out there please, its unwatchable tv for me unfortunately.

Thanks

Tee

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous Userwrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the forum

Have you tried things such as uninstalling and reinstalling the app from your device, also try powering everything off and turning them back on as they may reset the sound

Thanks

Aaron

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

I´m still having problems with my audio with the described stuttering, I´m hearing echo too. I have tried the usual uninstall reinstall with reboots in between, I´m Running Home Premium 7, do not have lagging, buffering or other issues with any other sites I use, all my TV is streamed. Any ideas out there please, its unwatchable tv for me unfortunately.

Thanks

Tee

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous Userwrote:

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the forum

Thanks

Aaron

@Anonymous User Using the NOW TV Player actually uses quite a bit of processing power. As you are using Windows 7 is it safe to assume that your device is more than a few years old? When you try and use the NOW TV Player can you do me a favour and press "'CTRL' ''ALT' 'Delete'" and check the CPU Usage within the Task Manager and let me know. It should be a '%'

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your help I had to resort to online chat and got sent a new
download link for the player.

Wasn't a lack of processing ability more a full cache on Chrome!
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for your help I had to resort to online chat and got sent a new
download link for the player.

Wasn't a lack of processing ability more a full cache on Chrome!

Haha, glad you found a solution anyway @Anonymous User 🙂