cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Adding device

Hi there I have gotten a new phone ... tried deleting my old phone and adding new one but it's saying used maximum allowance for month ....

It's also locked out my old phone so I can even put this back on

Kindly assist as I paying for nothing right now as I mainly watch on my phone
8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you should be able to have 4 devices and watch on 2. If you pop on to chat, they can help free up the device slot.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had 4 devices before.... now if removed 2 and it's telling me I can't make any more changes till next month not even restoring the previous devices

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Had 4 devices before.... now if removed 2 and it's telling me I can't make any more changes till next month not even restoring the previous devices

@Anonymous User @4268 I'll sort this from my end. 2 mins 🙂

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Should be sorted now @Anonymous User

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Tony-D wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Should be sorted now @Anonymous User

Also @Anonymous User I see that you posted this in the Chromecast part of the forum. Be aware that the chromecast option takes up to two devices. So if you alreayd have 3 devices added then you will have to remove one.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tony-D wrote:

Also @Anonymous User I see that you posted this in the Chromecast part of the forum. Be aware that the chromecast option takes up to two devices. So if you alreayd have 3 devices added then you will have to remove one.

Hi @Tony-D

When using chromecast people should consider the advice below: Smiley Wink

Using chromecast on NowTV
before I go into how chrome cast works on NowTV. Let me explain the ways in which chromecast can be handled by  services that use device limits such as nowTV.

The most common way in which chromecast is handled is that the device which is used as the control device for the chromecast is registered as a device but the chromecast itself isn't registered. The major disadvantage to this method is that only a registered device can control the chromecast. Although just like the second method I am going to explain below you are still able to move the chromecast . This is not the method NowTV uses to handle the chromecast.

The less common way of handling chromecast is that the chromecast itself is registered as a device. The advantage of this is that it does not matter what device controls the chromecast. When you consider that a chromecast can easily be moved and will work on any piece of equipment that has HDMI input and supports HDCP. (I say equipment not Just screens because chromecast can be connected to AV receivers and then you have the AV receiver output to a TV).

So  , given what has been explained above in a roundabout way, The less common method which by the way is the method NowTV uses to handle the chromecast allows you to to somewhat circumvent the device limit because you can very easily change the screen/equipment you are using for the chromecast without it affecting your devices because it is the chromecast itself that is registered as a device not the screen or equipment you're using with the chromecast, so you can move the chromecast around and as mentioned above with this method any device can be used to control the chromecast. So if used correctly. This method gives you a lot of freedom

The one really important thing to remember when using chromecast with NowTV is that if you do not want the control device for the chromecast to be registered as a device, you must first put the NowTV app on your tablet or phone into cast mode before you play any content. This will prevent your phone or tablet from being registered as a device and only the chromecast will be registered.

If you do not put the app into cast mode before playing content then your tablet or phone will be registered as a device and when you cast to the chromecast a second device slot will be used

Using the inbuilt chrome cast functionality on Sony android smart TV
it is apparently possible for you to use the chromecast functionality that is built into Sony android smart TVs with NowTV. In theory when you press the cast button in the NowTV app to put the app into cast mode your Sony android smart TV should appear in the list as a device you are able to cast to. Be aware, though, that just like an ordinary chrome cast the TV will become registered as a device. Although the device will probably be identified in your device list as a chromecast

Be aware, though, that casting to Sony android TVs is not officially supported by now TV. So if you wish to cast content then it's best to get an ordinary chromecast. Otherwise if you run into problems. NowTV probably won't be able to help you much. Unfortunately

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@commanda6 wrote:

@Tony-D wrote:

Hi @Tony-D

When using chromecast people should consider the advice below: Smiley Wink

Using chromecast on NowTV
before I go into how chrome cast works on NowTV. Let me explain the ways in which chromecast can be handled by  services that use device limits such as nowTV.

The most common way in which chromecast is handled is that the device which is used as the control device for the chromecast is registered as a device but the chromecast itself isn't registered. The major disadvantage to this method is that only a registered device can control the chromecast. Although just like the second method I am going to explain below you are still able to move the chromecast . This is not the method NowTV uses to handle the chromecast.

The less common way of handling chromecast is that the chromecast itself is registered as a device. The advantage of this is that it does not matter what device controls the chromecast. When you consider that a chromecast can easily be moved and will work on any piece of equipment that has HDMI input and supports HDCP. (I say equipment not Just screens because chromecast can be connected to AV receivers and then you have the AV receiver output to a TV).

So  , given what has been explained above in a roundabout way, The less common method which by the way is the method NowTV uses to handle the chromecast allows you to to somewhat circumvent the device limit because you can very easily change the screen/equipment you are using for the chromecast without it affecting your devices because it is the chromecast itself that is registered as a device not the screen or equipment you're using with the chromecast, so you can move the chromecast around and as mentioned above with this method any device can be used to control the chromecast. So if used correctly. This method gives you a lot of freedom

The one really important thing to remember when using chromecast with NowTV is that if you do not want the control device for the chromecast to be registered as a device, you must first put the NowTV app on your tablet or phone into cast mode before you play any content. This will prevent your phone or tablet from being registered as a device and only the chromecast will be registered.

If you do not put the app into cast mode before playing content then your tablet or phone will be registered as a device and when you cast to the chromecast a second device slot will be used

Using the inbuilt chrome cast functionality on Sony android smart TV
it is apparently possible for you to use the chromecast functionality that is built into Sony android smart TVs with NowTV. In theory when you press the cast button in the NowTV app to put the app into cast mode your Sony android smart TV should appear in the list as a device you are able to cast to. Be aware, though, that just like an ordinary chrome cast the TV will become registered as a device. Although the device will probably be identified in your device list as a chromecast

Be aware, though, that casting to Sony android TVs is not officially supported by now TV. So if you wish to cast content then it's best to get an ordinary chromecast. Otherwise if you run into problems. NowTV probably won't be able to help you much. Unfortunately

@Anonymous User What @commanda6 said.... 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268

Hi Ola

If you contact help chat on the following URL, as explained by 4268, they will sort out your devices problem.

Unfortunately, forum members do not have the facilities to perform the help you need .

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

UK Bob