cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

2 Month NowTV Cinema Pass with a New Chromecast Purchase from Authorized Retailers

Looks like Chromecast have a new Promotional offer where if you purchase, setup and activate a new Chromecast device before the 31st of January 2018 you can redeem a 2 month NowTV Cinema Pass.

The T&C's about the Chromecast Now TV promo offer are on the linked page below.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=6065164

Can the @Anonymous User Please provide clarification / confirmation if this promo offer is available for existing customers, together with new nowtv customers where there is no mention in the T&C's.

Where the below screen shot taken from the Chromecast website says "Open to New and Existing Customers" ?

Screenshot (44).png

54 REPLIES 54
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User

Hey Guys

As far as I can see, or unless I'm losing my mind, I cannot see a way to redeem this Chromecast offer.

https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/chromecast/tv/chromecast/offers/#?category=tv

I've even opened the page using my Chrome browser but I end up going around in circles, which is:

Google Offer.jpg

So I download and update my Chrome browser, then use the browser to go to the offer page, press the redeem button and I'm back to the "To redeem this offer" page you see above.

I've been around this circle twice now, and I can't see a way out.

I know I qualify for the offer but I just can't get there to redeem it.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I got arduous it by going to Chrome on a PC on the same network at the Chromecast. Then I went to the offer page and clicked redeem. It then went to a page asking me to set up an account or to say U already had aNow account. I think it was on that page I noticed the query string contained an offer code. I copied that code, then went to Now TV account page and entered the code.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi Bob,

When you try to redeem the voucher code on the Google Chromecast website, make sure that your Chromecast is switched on.

If you click on the redeem offer with your Chrome browser, does the page open which says "Your File is not Found", if so if you look at the chrome extension in the url box towards the top of the screen there should be a voucher code at the end of the url starting with NOW**********

Then copy & paste the NOW******* code and apply to your cinema pass.

Haven't tried it myself because my existing cinema voucher on my account doesn't expire until March 2018.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

If you click on the redeem offer with your Chrome browser, does the page open which says "Your File is not Found", if so if you look at the chrome extension in the url box towards the top of the screen there should be a voucher code at the end of the url starting with NOW**********

Then copy & paste the NOW******* code and apply to your cinema pass.

That is quite a weird way as I bet a lot of people miss that trick 😮

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Guys

I've followed your instructions and got nowhere, in fact I got back to the "To redeem this offer", the following is exactly what I have done, just so you guys see if I missed anything.

1) I accessed my Chromecast device and, with my tablet, switched on Spotify, which I am now listening to.  Small point, my chromecast is always on and linked into my home network.

2) Open my Chrome browser and accessed the Offer page, shown below:

Google Offer 2.jpg

3) Clicked the second "Redeem" button and I am immediately taken to the "To redeem this offer" page.

Have I missed anything?

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Well Guys

I will say this, this little exercise has stopped me from watching that brain numbing film on currently on the Horror Channel, Sharknado 5.

Shark.png

UK Bob

PS.  Does anybody know why American film makers like blowing up London?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Bob,

With your Chromecast switched on, if you open the Google Home App on your casting device (i.e. tablet) if you click on the three horizontal lines top left corner of screen once inside the Google Home App.

Under " Offers" does it show the NowTV 2 month cinema offer, if so what happens when you click on it with your tablet and follow the on screen instructions ?

When i go into my Google Home App on my Android Phone it shows under "Offers" a 2 month cinema  Now TV offer to redeem from my Chromecast. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

You asked, "Under Offers, does it show the NowTV 2 month cinema offer". No, it shows "No offers available".

I've had it, plus the Authentication errors are kicking my a??.

Later

UK Bob

PS. I'm using my tablet.

ukbobboy
Legend

Guys

Whatever's keeping me from redeeming this offer is now OK by me, it's just too much to receive so little.

Peace out.

UK Bob.

PS. 'sides, I'm now chillin' out with Spotify.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I got very frustrated with it too. I think you need to be on aPC, using Chrome, when you go to the offer page. On a tablet Chrome doesn't have the Chromecast feature as it has an app instead. So when you redeem on a phone or tablet it passes you to the app. So you redeem, only to be told to use the app to redeem, and that doesn't work.

On a PC it tried to redeem within Chrome, and that is when Isaw the code in the query string ( part of the web address).

KC