cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

2 Month NowTV Cinema Pass with a New Chromecast Purchase from Authorized Retailers

Looks like Chromecast have a new Promotional offer where if you purchase, setup and activate a new Chromecast device before the 31st of January 2018 you can redeem a 2 month NowTV Cinema Pass.

The T&C's about the Chromecast Now TV promo offer are on the linked page below.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=6065164

Can the @Anonymous User Please provide clarification / confirmation if this promo offer is available for existing customers, together with new nowtv customers where there is no mention in the T&C's.

Where the below screen shot taken from the Chromecast website says "Open to New and Existing Customers" ?

Screenshot (44).png

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had another email from support overnight now saying that the code we got was in fact a 1 month pass and have given us a second 1 month pass to use and apologized for the inconverence.  So all's well that ends well, just a shame it's taken since Saturday to get it all sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have succeeded in getting a Voucher Code from the Chromecast web site.  It says the offer ends on 28 February 2018.  Does this mean you can get the code from Chromecast up until 28 February, or does it mean you must apply it to your Now TV account before that date?  I can't apply it immediately because I have an existing offer still in force, so the "Apply a voucher" option is not available at present.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You need to apply that code to your NOW TV account on or before 28th February, otherwise it becomes void. You'll be able to apply when you're in the last month of your current offer so hopefully that gives you time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone know if you can redeem both of these if you already have 1 Chromecast & then buy another? So can get 4 months for £5??
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Anyone know if you can redeem both of these if you already have 1 Chromecast & then buy another? So can get 4 months for £5??

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Don't see why not, You need to have activated your current Chromecast before 10th October to get the 2 months for £5 offer. You need to purchase, set up and activate a new Chromecast between 11/10/17 and 31/1/18 to get the 2 month pass. Both offers need to have been applied to your account by 28/2/18 and you can only apply one offer at a time.

chai
Scholar 3

Had exactly the same issue with the free cinema code only showing up as being for 1 month. Google customer care could not help and directed me to speak to NOW TV cutomer care.

The NOW TV customer care operative stated that it was a 2 month code, so asked me to apply it and it did indeed register as 1 month.

They then gave me a new 1 month code to make up for the discrepancy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see the offer in Google Home app, having set up a new Ultra today. I am already a Now user, with a regular Entertainment monthly payment. All my offers have ended.

When I try to redeem it takes me to my Now account with an error saying "Oops, you already have an Entertainment pass".

It seems it thinks I am trying to apply an Entertainment offer?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

What happens if copy & paste the code offer and manually apply the voucher code to your cinema pass on your NowTV account ?

If that doesn't work maybe try NowTV live chat and explain to them what's happening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't see an offer code as it was trying to pass me from Google Home app to Now TV app without me typing in a code, presumably to make sure I really did have a new Chromecast
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

To be honest it's been a couple of years since i have used Chromecast or redeemed a voucher code via Chromecast and can't remember the procedure.

Maybe have a read of this link from Hot Deals UK where members have found ways of applying the Chromecast offer to their Now TV account or perhaps try NowTV live chat for assistance.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-months-now-tv-cinema-pass-for-5-via-chromecast-2815493