cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

2 Month NowTV Cinema Pass with a New Chromecast Purchase from Authorized Retailers

Looks like Chromecast have a new Promotional offer where if you purchase, setup and activate a new Chromecast device before the 31st of January 2018 you can redeem a 2 month NowTV Cinema Pass.

The T&C's about the Chromecast Now TV promo offer are on the linked page below.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=6065164

Can the @Anonymous User Please provide clarification / confirmation if this promo offer is available for existing customers, together with new nowtv customers where there is no mention in the T&C's.

Where the below screen shot taken from the Chromecast website says "Open to New and Existing Customers" ?

Screenshot (44).png

54 REPLIES 54
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps @caseyb1993

Hi KC

Cheers for that info but I actually started off using my PC with the Chrome browser, so I've knocked this "redeem idea" on the head, life is just too short to be chasing stuff that's deliberately designed to be unreachable.

Peace.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@ukbobboy
This is the code I found in the query string. I just went to my NOW account and entered it as a voucher in Cinema.
NOW7LM6RCK498D
May be unique to me, but worth a try.,

KC
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi KC

Thanks for your offer but  the code didn't work, once again, cheers.

Peace.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi Bob, 

If the NowTV 2 month cinema offer for £5 is not shown on your Google Home App casting device under "Offers" then it looks to me that for some unknown reason you haven't got the NowTV offer available to redeem on your Chromecast.

I would double check that your Google Home App is up to date (my Android Phone is showing Google Home App version v1.25.81.28).

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

First, I can confirm that your Google Home version number is exactly the same as mine on my android tablet.

Second, when I entered Google Home on my tablet the £5.00 offer was displayed, but when I pressed "redeem" my Google Home app stopped working.  I tried two or three times and each times my app refused to work and redeem the offer.  I have sent off a note to Google.

I will try again later after switching on Spotify, guess I'm gonna have to chill out again.

BTW, the Authentication error is given me problems again.

Oh, the Humanity.

Humanity.jpg

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@kcrane @schnapps @caseyb1993

Guys

You would not believed what's just happened, I was just chillin' out listening to Spotify, via Chromecast, when I decided to give this "2 month for £5.00" cinema pass another go.

So I got my tablet, which was already casting, opened Google Home, opened the offer page and tapped "redeem".  Instead of just stopping, as it did before, my tablet asked me if I wanted to open the upcoming page in Chrome, I tapped yes, and there it was in the URL, the voucher number. 

Quickly recovering from my shock, I carefully typed the code into my notepad, opened my Now TV account and copy and pasted the code into "My passes", I half expected the code not to work but it did.

So I now have two months worth of Now TV cinema, from now until January 2018, for the family and I to look forward to.

Guys, thank you for your instructions, help and encouragement, I would not have taken that final successful step without it.

Cheers

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi Bob,

Phew glad you got there in the end, what's that saying "if you first don't succeed try try try try try again" Smiley Very Happy

yes-finally.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you very much, after spending ages no success, I found this is the most helpful tip Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry for jumping on this thread but we got a Chromecast from Currys before Christmas with the 2 Month Free Cinema Offer

Did not redeem it (even though it was showing on the Chromecast Offers page a couple of weeks ago) as we already had a Cinema Pass running that ran out last week

So have come to redeem the 2 Month Free Cinema offer today and it is no longer showing the Offer...just the one with 2 Months Cinema for £5

Am I doing something wrong? Everything is on and connected to the Wi-Fi such as the Chromecast and the Desktop PC and also checked the offers on Google Home on our Android device

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you got a PC or laptop ?

If so what happens if you go to the Chromecast offers website using the Chrome internet browser and try to redeem the 2 month free cinema pass offer from there ?

Make sure your Chromecast is switched on and is connected to the same WiFi network has your PC / Laptop.