cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This Sunday sees the WWE universe come together as one to watch the most gruelling event known only as the Elimination Chamber.  If you’re not fully aware of it, here is a quick explanation:

Although this match for the world heavyweight title involves five other participants, they’re just there to make up the numbers in my eyes. It’s the taking part that counts for those guys, right?

Below I’m going to introduce and give you five reasons why Randy Orton will win this Sunday’s main event. 

Name: Randy Orton

Nickname: The Viper:

Time at WWE: 2002 - present

111510108.jpg

Titles won:

8 time WWE Champion

3 time world heavyweight Champion

1 World Tag Team Championship

1 Intercontinental Championship

Accolades:

Youngest world heavyweight champion

First ever WWE World heavyweight champion

Royal Rumble winner 2009

Money in the Bank winner 2013

169928842.jpg

Five reasons why Randy Orton will win the main event:

5. Experience

Randy’s track record in the Elimination Chamber reads five appearances and no wins. However, he has great knowledge of the event and knows exactly what it takes to survive. To his credit, he came very close last year to closing the deal, but couldn’t quite see it out. I have no worries that sixth time’s the charm.

4. The pressure/everything to lose

When you’re carrying two belts like he is, you’re essentially a massive walking target. Orton has faced the other five contestants in the weeks leading up to this event. Sure, he’s only won once, but Sunday is where it really counts and a loss is something Orton is not even contemplating.

3. He’s known as The Viper

The Oxford dictionary states “a viper is a venomous snake.” Need I say more?

2. RKO

Everybody needs a game changing move, and Orton is no different. The RKO is arguably the best and most effective finisher after the greatest of all time. I’m talking about the Stone Cold Stunner of course.

1. The face of WWE

You’re not handpicked by management to be the face of a multi-billion dollar company such as the WWE if you’re average. It just doesn’t happen. Orton is up there with the best wrestlers of any generation, blessed with the technical ability some would race a Cheetah for. Oh and the ladies love him too. This is the toughest defence of his titles yet, but he’s more than capable of coming through it unscathed.

So ladies and gentlemen, your 2014 WWE Elimination Chamber winner and WrestleMania XXX headliner is… Randy Orton.  #TeamOrton

WWE Elimination Chamber is live on Sky Sports 1 from 1am on 24th February. Make sure you have your Sky Sports day pass ready!