cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

search results on Apple TV do not show for NOWTV

So, just got Apple TV 4. Installed Netflix, NOWTV apps etc. When I do a movie search it will show me options on what providers are showing it I.e iTunes movies and Netflix and gives me the option to watch on via one of these service provider options.

Now, for example if you search for Close Encounters of the third kind via the main Apple TV home screen, search results will only show for iTunes movies and does not show anything for nowtv, given that this movie is currently available on Sky Cinema. How come Apple TV will not list content that is available on NOWTV? Is nowtv not integrated within the search engine or something? I know Amazon Prime video is coming to Apple TV as I also have a subscription with them so will be nice to search for content and will tell me which service provider that I’m subscribed to that I can choose to watch that is available on any of the subscription services I’m subscribed too. Is anyone else experiencing this?

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Yes you're right, NOW TV don't currently support universal search on the Apple TV. Whilst US users can search across a large number of content providers on the Apple TV, in the UK the universal search only searches across iTunes, Netflix, Hopster, MUBI and CuriosityStream at the mo. Hopefully NOWTV will be added at some point, but I don't know when.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome, I feel for you @Anonymous User - the NowTV app is essentally a port of the 3rd gen proprietary AppleTV app and hasn't been updated since its launch nearly 2 years ago. I'm sure you'll find out from reading the posts, but Sky have pretty much abandoned development and it looks like will only devliver the most basic of service until they are forced to do more (probably by Apple cutting off legacy apps, certainly not because of cutomer pressure). 

Really sad state of affiars, particularly given that Sky have updated apps for othter regions but choose to ignore their audience over here.