cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Your Apple Tv App is a disgrace

Considering how much money you make and the resources you must have available to you how is it that your app is so bad and missing many of the feafures available on the iphone. Don't bother with any excuses, and Netflix and IPlayer have managed to create decent versions for the platform so they is no reason you shouldn't be able to, and you've had months to sort it out.

At the moment my only option is to use Chrome Cast but due to your ridiculous device limit rules, this uses up 2 of my allowance so I can only have 3 devices.

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  it is possible to use the Chromecast so it counts as a device and the device casting from doesn't count as a device.  You cast before starting to play the content, then only the Chromecast should count as a device.  What are your devices in use?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
nickmorc
Expert 2

Its a poor show, I would add that support for the Apple TV 4th Gen in this country is not very good compared to USA.

We sold ours on and have gone back to our dusty old 3rd gen !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's too bad the Apple TV is essentially dead in the UK, as it had some potential. The idea of Siri searching across many services (which works in America, but does very little everywhere else),  and combining that with nicities such as Homekit support (so you can command your Philips Hue lights etc), visual scrubbing, top shelf, and enough power to run pretty looking graphically intensive user interfaces was a great idea.

Sadly the total lack of UK support from the UK broadcasters (even iPlayer feels like a quickie botch job on the ATV) and the beyond terrible Now TV app make the ATV  basically an expensive drinks coaster at this point. Sky must shoulder a big chunk of the blame for the platform's failure, not that they care of course, I dare say they'd be happy to just kill the ATV app off completely to shut people up so they can focus on pushing those dumbed down neutered Roku boxes they sell.

The once great and glorious streaming future is one plagued with competing content providers fighting like school children, each focussing on whatever their own platform of choice is to the detrement of everyone else.  It's so petty and infantile. At least there's Netflix, who are the only content provider who actually understand the importantance of being platform agnostic and treating all platforms equally, as well as always pushing for high quality video and audio. No wonder they're number one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree here, the app for Apple TV is nothing short of embarrassing! 

It is the most clumsy, old fashioned layout I have seen in years. Reminds me very much of the first Bush internet TV that appeared!

We are talking years ago!!!

Can we have a response please from nowtv to confirm either way the device support status for atv as I need to make a decision on what device to use moving forwards. Do I wait for an update or just forget it? 

That would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There was a response from a Now TV staffer here not too long ago where he admited that he didn't know if the app would ever be updated. 

It's been a year now with no updates and it's worth remembering that the app we have now is a direct port of the Apple TV 3 app, which itself hadn't seen an update in about 3 years. 

It's abandonware. You should find a new platform if you want to watch Now TV with a modern (ish) user interface. The PS4 app is mediocre, but still infinitely superior to the basically broken Apple TV 4 app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using Now TV on another platform is almost certainly not going to happen for me.  Either Sky get their act together or they can do on 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm the same, seriously considering cancelling. Just too many bugs that make watching anything an annoyance. 

Of course if I could watch it on my BT box it would be fine but that's not an option either as the app on there is restricted to movies.