Catch Up TV for  Sky channels

5OD, iPlayer etc

Do we get these ? 

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What generation Apple TV box does your Father have ?

My ATV generation 3 as the three main UK streaming services i.e. NowTV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video together with YouTube, but doesn't offer any of the UK TV Catch-up Apps such as BBC iPlayer, ITHub, All 4 or Demand 5 Smiley Sad

I believe the gen 4 ATV boxes onwards have more of the UK Catch up Apps but not all of them to date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps

We are unsure which Gen it is but he's had it a few years, if its an old one will we still get NowTV ?

We have ordered a remote control for it so cant use it yet

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

This help guide should identify your Dad's Apple TV generation model.

I know the Apple TV gen 3 onwards have the nowtv app (though the UI interface is outdated and also doesn't have the My TV feature like the nowtv boxes).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200008

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Thanks, i have look at the link you sent and im not at the house right now so cannot identify it, its black and we have no remote .

ive posted a pic higher up in the thread

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I won't be able to tell from your picture where you will need to look at the small information printed on the bottom of the ATV box or on the box packing or in the box menu settings which will be difficult without a remote.

PS looking at your picture the ATV is currently placed upside down the wrong way up (doesn't matter thou) Smiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Did you find what generation your Dads Apple TV was ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I havent had a chance to look at it, but the remote is coming soon and will update when we get it.

He said he used to get NowTV through it before though so sounds promising 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi mate

It is a 2nd Generation and like you said, it has Netflix, Amazon and NowTV.

Will give it a test over the weeekend, looks promising so far 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If it shows the NowTV App then I think it must be a generation 3 (I don't think the ATV  gen 2  boxes have the NowTV App).

Also, I would suggest forcing the video output in the ATV settings to either 1080p (50hz) if your Dads Pioneer TV accepts a 1080p signal or 720p (50hz).

I find on my TV even though it will accept a 50hz signal for some reason on my ATV when set to Auto it always outputs 60hz.