cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Up Your Game NOW TV

So just up graded my ATV to 4k hoping, lol thats a joke, that the NOW TV app had finally sorted out its issues of stuttering etc, big no on that then as I had assumed.

So on my old ATV I used to switch to 50htz and all was well, so for the 4k ATV you have to scroll down form the setting to other formats and I've picked 50htz 4k HDR, works like a charm nice picture and so far no issues, its just a pain having to change it back 60 htz 4k hdr to watch NF and itune films,apps etc.

So come on NOW TV people up your game, you've had long enough to sort this out, and mke it more user friendly to, I want and Im sure everyone else on here, want a user friendly app like NF, so we can book mark etc etc.  Rant over, Merry Xmas 🙂

** Yes my  year old TV ticks all the 4k HDR boxes, although even with a high speed cable I have to set the Chroma to 4.2.0 otherwise I get static noises ** If anyone has any thoughts on that I'd be interested to hear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As an aside, I understand that the forthcoming tvOS 11.2 will soon bring auto switching to the @tv 4K

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

As an aside, I understand that the forthcoming tvOS 11.2 will soon bring auto switching to the @tv 4K

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is will be good update to have 👍
Hooba
Scholar 3

I have the tvOS 11.2 beta - auto switching works fine for those apps that support it. Unsurprisingly the NowTV app doesn't support it, and probably never will.

That said ... in 11.2 you can select default to 50Hz and 4k Apple TV will always revert to that when you are the home screen. So provided you select NowTV from the home screen (rather than through App switching) NowTV will always play in 50Hz. Will autoswitch to 24Hz/60Hz etc for iTunes/Netflix etc. So ... its a reasonable workround and ends no end of faffing about.

Upgrading from an tv 2G to an tv 4K next week here.

But won't be using it for NOW TV, given the poor state of the current NOW TV app for tv on tvOS 11 - will stick to accessing NOW TV via the Roku 2 or the NOW TV Smart Box.

*IF* a new improved NOW TV app for tv on tvOS 11 *EVER* gets released, would be very pleased to give it a look.

That's if the shock of one day seeing the release of a new improved NOW TV app for tv on tvOS 11 doesn't kill me first!