cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound out of Sync with the Picture

Can anyone help? Am using a new Apple TV with the Now TV app but recently the picture is so juddery and sound is slightly out of sync when trying to watch anything. I've unplugged, rebooted and replugged everything but it keeps happening. Any suggestions please? 

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Simon
The speed of my connection is always over 5MBPS.
The audio does not go out of sync when I use a ROKU to watch NowTV
Please explain how the audio in a digital internet feed could get out of
sync with the video because of delays occurring in the digital signal path.
You obviously will not be able to explain this because its not possible -
it needs someone with at least some technical expertise to investigate.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, same happening to me. Unwatchable...

Sometimes you can get rid of it with a restart, but I've already had to uninstall Now TV once to fix it, and as pointed out you then have to get in touch with Sky to reset your device count.

Every other streaming service is fine; Iplayer etc, so it's definately the app.

My connection is wired and my broadband consitantly runs at 4Mb/s.

Roly

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Is this happening on all content?

Could you give an example of something you've had it on?

Out of interest what Gen is your Apple TV?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

H Simon,

yes it appears to happen on most content we've tried to watch recently.

It was particularly bad on Stella and Agatha Raisin.

We have the latest apple TV (gen 4?)

Regards - Roland

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm also having this problem while using the NOW TV app to watch box sets like Game of Thrones on my 4th Gen Apple TV.  The sound is ahead of the pictures to a degree that can't be ignored.  It is very frustrating.  Please update the NOW TV app. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As of yesterday, the picture from our 4th gen Apple TV box has become very jittery but the picture from Netflix is fine. There are also no problems with the picture from our 3rd gen Apple TV box in another room.

I am reluctant to re-install the App as we already have 4 devices on our account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Thanks 

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem as others for the past few weeks.  I have a White NowTV box connected to a TV using the AV connector (not HDMI) and with the audio set to stereo on the menu system.  The problem has been very obvious on the live SKY NEWS feed.  If the box is cold rebooted there is initially no problem but the loss of av sync appears progressively over a few hours.  As this is a new problem it seems likely connected with recent software changes.  Please report this to your technical people.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It doesn't matter what we watch. Chicago Fire, any films and all Nickelodeon kids TV progs. The only way we've found to temporarily stop it. Is to restart The Apple TV by unplugging it, but problems come back after watching 2 shows or the next time you want to watch it.

My connection is wired and don't have probs on any other devices, just my new Apple TV. I have very fast broadband, so that's not causing probs. It used to work fine. Is an update of your app available to fix this?

Playback of iTunes purchased items does not have this problem, so it can only be Now TV app.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also getting the same problems with this on my 4th gen Apple TV. I know it's not my network connection as I can watch it on a 1st gen chromecast with no problems in another room. I'm reluctant to delete the app as I'm at my 4 device limit. This doesn't matter what content I'm watching wether it be LIve Tv or movies, or Movies / TV OD.

Please get the app updated asap. And is there any way I can get my list reset so I can add to a different device and watch on my living room TV?