cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound out of Sync with the Picture

Can anyone help? Am using a new Apple TV with the Now TV app but recently the picture is so juddery and sound is slightly out of sync when trying to watch anything. I've unplugged, rebooted and replugged everything but it keeps happening. Any suggestions please? 

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Uninstall and reinstall the nowtv app - it fixes it temporarily. However what happens is that nowtv regsiters your Apple TV as ANOTHER device, taking up another one of the 4 slots. It's a terrible bug that NowTV seems to want to blame on everything except their substandard Apple TV app. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Is you Apple TV connected to the router via wire or wireless? 

Have you tried a hard reset of the Apple TV at all?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine started doing this yesterday too, getting worse as lip sync is way out by about 5 seconds 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you let us know what you're watching when this happens, is it across all content?

Also if you could refer to the post above yours and provide that information that'd be most helpful.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it was happening while watching The Walking Dead finale live on Monday evening and also while watching Game of Thrones via Box Set.  Seems to have sorted itself out now but completely unwatchable at times as so juddery and lip sync being totally out of time.  Apple TV is new one, 4th Generation

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no need to reset it, your system is buffering incorrectly, so if u pause the stream For few secs and start again it will work fine.

The app itself needs to be redone from scratch, the bugs are more than the features there days  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also experiencing this problem.  Shows on the 4th gen AppleTV app are jerky with the sound slightly out of sinc making them unwatchable.  The AppleTV is plugged into fibre connection which a network connection test shows is working well.  The video and sound on other AppleTV apps like iPlayer and NetFlix is working perfectly.     

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue.  NowTv app is the issue.  All other apps are just fine.  Internet and Wifi all good.

What is the solution?

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting.

We would ask you to try resetting the Apple TV - as this has proven successful for other customers - however if this keeps happening after this please do post again and we'll get this reported and looked into.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team