cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports 1 crashing

Like many others I've found that since Saturday (13 Aug) Sky Sports 1 keeps crashing after 10-20 minutes and the problem still exists (live stream stops and returns you to the sky sports menu). Other sky sports channels are fine. The message that Now TV are aware keeps being flagged, yet nothing seems to happen / no updates. Please can we have a bit more feedback from Now TV - at least to show they are continuing to investigate. Otherwise can only assume Now TV are not interested in supporting Apple TV. Bet this wouldn't be the case if it effected the Now TV Smart Box!

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I can assure you that this issue is being looked into by us.

We have sent a request to get an update and once I hear back I will let let you know and the messaging on the Service Status will be updated.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Latest update - still encountering problems, which makes it over 7 days with viewing problems. Not good! In an effort to provide constructive feedback in the hope this will lead to a quicker resolution of the problem, this was my experience.

Kit = Apple TV (4th generation) connected to fibre optic broadband with speeds over 25 mb/s. Connected via Ethernet. Problem only seems to occur when watching Sky Sports 1 (all other channels ok). Started watching and crashed 4 times within 10 mins (crashed = live steam suddenly stops and returns you to the SKy Sports channel menu). Reselected channel after each 'crash' and it worked ok for 30 mins and then 4 more crashes within the next 10 mins. In total 8 crashes within 50 mins of watching. Then gave up.

It would be good to know whether the technical team are any closer to resolving this problem as this has been known about for over a week now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using 3rd generation Apple TV downstairs and have a now TVs box upstairs I had them both on at the same time the apple crashes every 10 mins or so and the now Tv box is fine.
Mine comes up with a error has occurred loading this content.
Cannot believe sky can't fix the problem in over a week totally unacceptable.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We're sorry to hear you're still having issues.

We're continuing to look into this and will be updating our customers as soon as there's a fix.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • I have had the same problem for about two weeks on both a 4th generation and 3rd generation Apple TV. Only with Sky Sports 1. Sky Sports 2 is fine. Still occurring today. 
  • With the 4th gen box the screen reverts to the Sky Sports menu. With the 3rd gen box the message "An error occurred loading this content". The problem appears to occur at the same time on both boxes and comes in every few minutes.
Lads
Advocate

How on earth has this still not been fixed?? Very tedious watching Soccer AM with constant crashes. Same as last week and I first reported the problem on the 13th August!

I keep telling myself that NOW TV MUST be getting a big new update which seems to be getting more unrealistic by the day. Support from NOW TV is awful in every way.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This service is terrible it's been 4 weeks now !! I've tried emailing now tv using live chat and they just want to turn a blind eye to this ss1 problem. They have no interest in supporting Apple TV but are perfectly happy taking the money from people watching via Apple TV, no where do they warn Apple TV customers about this well known problem !!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Now TV team, cant you just look at the software and release a update to fix this one issue? Its quite obvious I think this cant be fixed without one ;( 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

The issue with Sky Sports was resolved last week according to our technical teams.

Can you let me know if it was the same behaviour this week ?

If so I will get it raised again for the teams to investigate.

Thanks

Andy