cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Auth Error on Apple TV

My Apple TV is suddenly showing an error message “Auth Error Error authenticating your device!” I’ve noticed this mentioned previously in the forum but there wasn’t a resolution I could see. I’ve tried turning Apple TV on and off. I’ve also restarted it. The Netflix and the Prime Video apps are working as normal. Any ideas how I can solve this?

96 REPLIES 96
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps

They tried a reboot of the box, no luck.

I have told them to reboot the router and re-enter the account details

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I doubt the reboot on the Router will work, but like i said there is no harm trying it whilst waiting for nowtv to sort this out.

Like you my nowtv smart box is working fine and at the mo it seems to be ATV box owners who are having the trouble.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thanks.

Just for the info, as soon as they click on " Now TV " on the box, it comes up with the error message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

its working now, had to update the firmware via apple TV settings

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

if you could please make sure the apple firmware has been updated on your devices, Apple have performed a release today, (11.3) which might be crashing the NOW TV app

As a work around please follow these steps:

1. Restart Apple TV 
    2. Launch NowTV app - it will crash once 
    3. Launch NowTV app again 
    4. DO NOT use the settings - Sign in to NowTV - it will crash the app 
    5. Select and play a piece of contnet 
    6. NowTV app will ask you to sign in to account 
    7. Accept T&Cs 
    8. Sign in as normal.

Thanks 

Toby

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here’s a thought, how about you actually update the damn app? It’s been literally YEARS since it’s been touched at all. It’s comically out of date, it barely works, it doesn’t support a single feature of the Apple TV. In short, it’s a pile of steaming sewage. 

Why are ALL your other apps updated regularly, but the Apple TV app has been singled out to be ignored forever? We pay the same subscription feel but have to suffer through the worst video streaming app ever vomitted onto the App Store. No wonder the ratings are almost all 1 star. It’s garbage. It’s junk. And it should be an embarrassment to Sky. 

You are treating paying customers like dirt. If you didn’t offer virtually free subscriptions to people when they click cancel, I doubt you’d have a single Apple TV customer left.  

Get off off your lazy backsides and do your jobs for once. 

@Anonymous User what @Anonymous User said!

NOW TV customers using Apple TV have been ignored for far too long now.

Surely it's time for NOW TV to give their complaints about the Apple TV app with SOME overdue respect & consideration, and to give them SOME level of equality with those NOW TV customers using other "supported" devices who get regular app updates?

Please! Before I die of old age...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have the same problem with my Apple TV box. Watching an episode went to the next episode and I got the same message. Tried rebooting box but can’t even get into the app now. Having to stream it from app on phone to tv.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue... I want to watch GoT 😭

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

We had an issue on Apple TV last night, this was resolved but we do apologise for this interrupting your viewing. 

We do have the episode available on catch up. Each individual episodes available by 3.20am after it has aired live at 2am each week. 

Thanks

Karl