cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shocked at how quickly my new NOWTV subscription has taken to technically FAIL

Hi all,

Im a 35 years in IT guy who, after 6 months of how bad and unreliable skyq was had the whole thing canceled, refunded and i closed a 23 year account with sky down as id had enough.

I thought I would sign up with their Now service so we can at least get a few channels my son and wife watch.

I am YET AGAIN GOING FROM TV TO TV TRYING TO GET SKYS TECHNOLOGY TO WORK AND AM UNABLE TO VIEW

All was well until I registered the 3rd TV .... this caused the other set to show the too many streams error. I have only had 2 streams on at a time. I shut down the third tv so only the first was on (second tv off too) and still, even after restarting the app on the apple tv, rebooting the appletv and re-starting the app I get the same error.

I can see from posts in the forums we have yet another long running issue where you may have to wait a considerable time for the other streams to clear. I have always noticed my netflix account detects a stream shutdown right away and allows the new one on the other TV to open.

Can anyone give me advice as since november, with my skyq problems I estimate ive poured > 100 hours into mucking around trying to get boxes and network connections to work ....... and after trying out NOWTV im yet again running around the house at 1am rebooting TV's and boxes so we can watch tv.

Im less than 1 hour into being a Sky NOWTV customer and already I cant get a stream to run on any of my tvs (each worked when i set it up). I then turned it off and moved onto the next one so I would never have more than 2 on.

Am i missing something ?

3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I access the NOW TV service using a 'smart' WebOS based LG television and a NOW TV 'black' box. All my media playback devices are 'hard-wired' to the internet.

Over the years I've had very few problems with the service. And nothing that can't be remedied by 'turning it off and on again'.

My brother-in-law accesses NOW TV content from time-to-time using his Apple TV but prefers using a NOW TV 'black' box as he finds the UI more user friendly and the box more stable 😉  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky/ Now TV have fallen behind the other big tech companies and wont do anything while the cash keeps coming in.  They might offer a few reduced price passes out  occasionally if your lucky

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The ATV4 is in my opinion  a better device than the NOW tv box.   The thing is how many different boxes should one need ?   Now tv needs to make up its mind if it wants to be on the Apple platform or not. 

It seems that Apple and Amazon have done a deal which includes Prime video appearing on ATV and Apple TV device is going back to Amazon store.    Sky are even more stubborn than Apple and Amazon but that attitude is unlikely to prevail in today's world.