cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote Control

What does the star Button do please , I have had the NOW TV STB given to me but there is no remote control instructions can someone please tell me where I can get one.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm not aware of any instructions for the remote. The star is an info button, in some places it will provide additional information, but often not do anything.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I'm not aware of any instructions for the remote. The star is an info button, in some places it will provide additional information, but often not do anything.

Jade14
Mentor

Why does the * button not work on the remote control? Is there another remote that can be used so all functions are working? Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jade14

Do you mean when you access the App Store on the NowTV box the star* button doesn't work at all when the * option shows available on screen ?

For some unknown reason my star * button is now not working in the Apps Store, where it was working a couple of hours ago.

Does the star * button work when your watching your nowtv pass which brings up the information details about the show / movie on screen ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Jade14

Hi Schnapps

I hardly ever use the "*" button simply because it's similar to the function key on a PC keyboard, i.e. it only works if it has been assigned a function.

The only way you will know whether "*" works or not if you go to a page where it is not greyed out and try to use it.

However, it should be understood that a software update could easily wipe out any function that's been assigned to this button but as it's hardly ever used, I believe, very few people would miss it.

UK Bob 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Hi Bob,

Hopefully @Jade14 can test the star button on the remote controller by watching some nowtv content live or on demand which will bring up the information banner on screen or like you suggested use the star button where there is an option on screen for example under My Apps where you can use the star button to bring up a menu given you some options i.e. say move the App into a different position on the screen layout etc.

Ignore the part of my post about the Apps Store where i might have got my knickers in a twist (highlight the App and press the OK button if you wish to add an App to your My Apps section of your box).

If @Jade14 finds that after trying the star button doesn't work after the above suggestions in the first paragraph, then maybe it might be a faulty star button on the remote (if that's the case maybe try downloading the free roku remote controller App from your mobile phone / tablet App Store, just to see if the star button works on the Roku remote controller App which might point to a dodgy star option button on the nowtv remote controller).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

What does the star Button do please , I have had the NOW TV STB given to me but there is no remote control instructions can someone please tell me where I can get one.?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have no instructions for the remote.Is it possible to list the funtion of all the buttons?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a stick, but no instructions on what all the buttons do...can anyone help please 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this thread linked below where there is a PDF picture which you can download in one of the posts with a description on what each button does on the NowTV smart remote.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Remote/td-p/483735