cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem logging into AppleTV

I bought a NowTV monthly pass but can't logon to the App on the AppleTV. I was sure I used the same email address as my Sky account but it won't let me login.  I can see my pass is active on the TV. Also, when I logon to the website I can't see my pass and can't access any of the programmes. Very confusing!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Ah ok, no unfortunately passes bought via iTunes can only be watched on Apple TV devices, not on any of your other devices. If you log into your NOW TV app on the ATV using your iTunes account option you'll be able to watch your pass on the ATV but not on any other device.

If you have other devices you want to watch on, I'd recommend cancelling your iTunes sub and when it ends, buy any future passes on the NOW TV website, which can be used on any device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Assuming the NOW TV pass you have wasn't bought via iTunes, then it sounds like you're trying to log into the website and ATV with the wrong username (for instance you might have logged into an old Sky ID you've used with Sky TV or broadband my mistake, or an old NOW TV account you forgot about).

Try logging into the website with any other accounts you've set up (check the My Account screen of the NOW TV app on any devices you use to watch on to see what your username is, or check any emails you've received to see if they have the correct username on them).

When you're logged into the website with the right account, you'll be able to go to http://account.nowtv.com/passes to see your active pass. Then log into your ATV with the same details ( and make sure you choose the option to log in with the NOW TV account not your iTunes account).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

I guess I did buy it via iTunes. So can't I use that ID to log into NowTV?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Ah ok, no unfortunately passes bought via iTunes can only be watched on Apple TV devices, not on any of your other devices. If you log into your NOW TV app on the ATV using your iTunes account option you'll be able to watch your pass on the ATV but not on any other device.

If you have other devices you want to watch on, I'd recommend cancelling your iTunes sub and when it ends, buy any future passes on the NOW TV website, which can be used on any device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You're welcome.