cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture quality Apple TV

Is there an improved picture quality on the Apple TV compared to the now to box or do you think it's the same.

17 REPLIES 17
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

They are the same in terms of image resolution.

However, the Apple TV boxes can be configured to output a (UK/EU) 50Hz video signal, which the current NOW TV (Roku boxes) can't do...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah, so that means it's a smoother video quality and would look more like 720p when live streaming channels.  Or am I totally off,aha.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Ah, so that means it's a smoother video quality and would look more like 720p when live streaming channels.  

Unless you're watching some old crappy sources say on Gold, the 'live stream' resolution will be (down-scaled from Sky TV's original 1080i/50Hz resolution to) 720/50Hz...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah right.

do you think it would be worth getting an Apple TV or do you think should stick to the now tv box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Apple TVs are extremely good, but really rely on you using other Apple services such as iTunes for music.  If you don't, the selection of apps on the NOW TV box is far superior.  There is no iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 or My5 on AppleSmiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I take it the quality of now tv picture is better on the Apple TV compared to the now tv box, but the apps are limited.

they do support iplayer 🙂 

nickmorc
Expert 2

The Apple Tv 4th gen has a better picture quality than the black box in my opinion.

Just need a decent Now Tv app, Netflix is great.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just brought myself an Apple TV so let's see if it's any good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Which Apple TV model did you go for?