cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV on Apple TV 4th Gen

Hi

I use my Now TV app on my Apple TV mainly for watching Modern Family, everytime an episode finishes the screen is blank and I have to press the "Menu" button twice in order for it to go back to the Entertainment Menu, I then have to click back on Modern Family and then swipe to the series I am on. On other devices, such as the Now TV Box and the PS4, the Now TV app is great and just asks if you would like to watch the next episode. It is so frustrating that the App for Apple TV 4th Gen is so far behind. I always keep up-to-date with current app software.

Is there a simple fix to this or are Now TV planning on fixing it?

7 REPLIES 7
nickmorc
Expert 2

Mine does the same, so I think it must be a Now Tv issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @nickmorc

Do keep an eye out for any updates! We're always looking to improve the service across all our devices.

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

me too and we get frame rate issues??

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

me too and we get frame rate issues??

When watching Sky sports I recommend you set the video output frequency on your Apple TV to 50Hz (instead of the default 60Hz). All Sky Sports content is broadcast at (25 fps) 50Hz...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your Apple TV.

Unfortunately this feature is not available at present. It may well be updated in future but we're unable to confirm a date.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rest assured this is not the Apple TV causing this issue but the Now TV app. I use several other streaming apps on the new Apple TV and they all work as you'd expect (eg when the episode ends, it goes back to the episode list you or better yet offers to play the next episode). This "feature" should have included from day one.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I reported this bug on this forum within 1 week of the App launching, where it was acknowledged. I also re-reported a couple of months ago as still not fixed - it was acknowledged.

Still no actual fix though, very poor show indeed.