cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app not loading on Apple TV

Hi all I am really struggling with the NOW TV app on the latest generation of Apple TV. It worked fine until about a week ago - now it tries to load but all I get is a blank screen and I have to Menu out to try again - same result. I have deleted, reinstalled the app and also updated my Apple TV but nothing helps. Strangely the app works fine on other devices (iPad, desktop) but just not on the Apple TV. Also all the other apps work fine on the Apple TV so there must be something wrong with the app itself. The online help guys are pretty clueless and for the most part blame the TV, bandwidth and Apple for the problem when clearly these are not the issue. Is anyone experiencing the same? Any quick and easy fixes?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Sorry about the issue you are having try these steps in this link http://po.st/94W0kF and let us know if this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your email.

I have tried all the steps listed and none make any difference.

Lets be clear - I do not think it is a buffering issue or an issue with my home network (my bandwidth is more than suffiicient) , Apple TV or any other device. The app loaded and worked fine until a week to 10 days ago. Now it just doesnt load - all other apps load and play fine so it is ONLY the Now TV app that does this. Selecting the app just leaves a blank screen that eventually returns to the menu screen after it doesnt load. No error messages or other info is provided. I have deleted and reinstalled the app a dozen times or more and I have also reset and installed the latest version of software on my Apple TV. I made no changes to my network or Apple TV that coincided with it stopping working...

I have the Now TV app installed on my iPad - works fine and also I have the desktop player installed on my PC - works fine. So the problem is uniquely concerning the Apple TV app. If there were IP or other local network issues I would not be able to play content on any of my devices.

I have also tried the app on older Apple TV’s (it came preinstalled on prev generations) and it also doesnt load properly. This makes me suspect there is an issue with the Now TV app for all Apple Tv’s on your side and that the developers need to be called in to sort to out.

The online chat service is woefully inadequate when not comes to these sorts of issues. I spent 3 hours on online chat the other day with at least 5 different agents trying to get to the bottom of it and being asked the usual questions - is the HDMI cable plugged in, is the power on etc etc etc which drives me nuts!
Also there has been no acknowledgement form your side that there is an issue with the app as I see on the forums on the site that other people have suffered from the same problem.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i had this exact problem. the online chat people rely on a script with the usual responses - switch off, restart, reinstall etc. i have spent several hours over the last week doing all of this whilst on chat. after spending 45 minutes on one chat, the operator typed "i suggest you try to watch the content on your apple tv". given we had spent the last 45 minutes discussing that i could not load the app therefore not watch anything it was an annoying response. my advice is to ask the chat operator to submit your ticket to the technical department. i did this and initially they respond with a updated apple tv and redownload app response, which you will have already done, so get back in touch and ask for the ticket to be resubmitted again. you have to wait 24-48 hours for a response. i did that and amazingly my app started working last night after almost 8 days of not working!!! i assume the technical team had additional functionality to the normal chat team and can fix something in the background

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi all I am really struggling with the NOW TV app on the latest generation of Apple TV. It worked fine until about a week ago - now it tries to load but all I get is a blank screen and I have to Menu out to try again - same result. I have deleted, reinstalled the app and also updated my Apple TV but nothing helps. Strangely the app works fine on other devices (iPad, desktop) but just not on the Apple TV. Also all the other apps work fine on the Apple TV so there must be something wrong with the app itself. The online help guys are pretty clueless and for the most part blame the TV, bandwidth and Apple for the problem when clearly these are not the issue. Is anyone experiencing the same? Any quick and easy fixes?

Getting fed up of being told the same thing when trying to get the Nowtv app to work and load films. Every time I "chat" I get cut off. I  have the problem only with my 3rd gen Apple TV. It's not my tv it's not my broadband and yes I've done everything asked of nowtv people! Someone help please me! P,ease for the love films please nowtv people pass this onto the tech chaps to fix!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It might not be helpful here, but it's worth noting you can force-quit individual apps on Apple TV, like on an iPhone. (Double-click home and swipe the stuck one upwards.) That's 'fixed' NOW TV more than once for me. Well, I say 'fixed'…

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same problem as this please help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. It just started today. Followed all the suggested advice but no luck at all. Anyone managed to find a fix?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here. to be honest this must be the tenth time at least this has happened over a two year period. iphone, ipad all on same wifi network work fine but apple tv just has spinning wheel, black screen then quits. we do find that after 4 or 5 days it suddenly starts working again. normally when im just about to cancel my subscription......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.  Work's on Mac Mini - iPhone but can't get it to load of Apple TV.  No aboutto what GoT on a phone or Monitor so will be canceling subscription.