cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app issue on Apple TV

I've noticed that the Now TV service doesn't work on my Apple TV at night time. The Now TV service does work on my phone at the same time at night which is surprising. Also, the Now TV service does work on my Apple TV in the morning and afternoon but it doesn't work at night. At night, the Now TV app fails to start up or load up and it just terminates in a black screen and then it returns to the home screen. All my other apps work on my Apple TV late at night. I tried unplugging my modem and Apple TV for 1 min and restarted them but it didn't resolve the problem. I even carried out a factory reset on my Apple TV along with an uninstall and reinstall of my Now TV app but it didn't fix it. My Apple TV device is also updated with the latest software version. The Now TV app does work on my phone at night time but the Now TV app doesn't work on my Apple TV for some strange reason late at night despite having a perfect working internet connection and with no slow down in Internet line speed. My location is set to UK on the device. Why does the Now TV service not work on my Apple TV at night time? It works in the morning and afternoon on my Apple TV but not at night time. Apart from the Now TV app, all the other apps on my Apple TV work at night. This is an ongoing problem as I'm experiencing this issue every night now whereby the Now TV app on my Apple TV doesn't start.

I'd welcome any suggestions or input.

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To resolve this issue please delete the NowTV application and re-install it through the Apple App store. Once installed you can successfully open the App and logon to NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having the same issue on my 3rd Gen Apple TV. All other services work fine - Netflix, Apple Movies etc. The Now TV App just shows an endless loading circle and nothing works. Very annoying
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello everyone,

Please refer to the following NOW TV Service Announcement: Issues Logging in to NOW TV across multiple Devices 28/02/2017

There also appears to be issues with the Amazon service too: http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/773320/amazon-down-web-hosting-services-not-w...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this issue with my 3rd generation Apple TV the service gets unreliable in the evening after 10pm and starts freezing on playback, if I come out of the app and then go back in it doesn't work. But If i wait 5 minutes it worlds again. I've got fibre broadband with now tv so there isn't a problem with the internet speed.