cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV GOT JUDDERING

Hi

Ive recently purchased the new Apple TV and have the now tv app for the entertainment package. Watching game of thrones I'm getting a great picture but it's so so juddery! Can anyone help me sort this out. Some days is worse, some days if seems to be a bit better, but at present BBC I player offers much smoother picture. I am using standard broadband wireless, Panasonic veira tv. Apple TV setting is auto for the hdmi and output. Can anyone advise on best course of action before I cancel it? Would it help getting a wired connection or optical broad band? Thanks Ian

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try setting the ATV to 50hz video playback in the box settings.

Also, if your Panasonic TV has motion processing settings, try different combinations.

Hardwired Ethernet would also give you a more stable picture with reduced buffering (not sure it would help with the juddering on the picture though).

I have a ATV 3 with 38mb internet connection over Ethernet with no picture juddering whatsoever.

Also, if you got the ATV 4 you could try deleting and then reinstalling the NowTV app to see if that makes any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers for the advice!

I've moved the ATV and connected into a 1080p Samsung tv (from the Panasonic HD ready tv) and hard wired with Ethernet cable straight into router and it works an absolute dream! Cracking smooth seamless picture. Shame I can't get this standard wirelessly
Anonymous User
Not applicable

With mine, changing the input settings just made things worse. In the end I had to delete and reinstall the NowTV app on the appleTV4 to fix this on wireless. Working ok for now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everyone, I have great news. I have solved the judder issue. DO NOT use Now TV via games console, tablet, mobile phone. Use your PC or Laptop. When you connect your PC to your tv, go to the start menu and type in 'Intel HD Graphics Control Panel'. Then go to display and click on the 'refresh rate ' option. Change the 60hz to 50hz. Click 'Apply' and then click yes. Now all your Now TV content should now refresh at 50HZ. It worked for me and I'm so happy
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

With respect, what you've found is nothing new. Indeed, the Apple TV products can be set to output 50Hz!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I know. Just letting other people who don't know.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally speaking, I would not recommend that people use a computer to view any type video. 

There are too many variables with the capabilities of graphics chip-sets to recommend their use as an 'across the board' solution for accurately processing and decoding the many different ways video can be encoded and flagged.

In my opinion, you're better off playing video using a hardware playback device that supports 50 and 60Hz along with progressive and interlaced decoding...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, I have had the juddering but not any more, went into the Apple Tv settings and changed from 60hz to 50 hz 1080p, no more juddering..so happy now 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Nice one @Anonymous User Smiley Very Happy