cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App on Apple TV Can't Find Catch up section?

Hi

Just got the entertainment pass and now tv app on my apple tv... I cant seem to see anywhere which I can watch Catch Up TV? I.e ITV, Channel 4 etc...?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure you're aware that AppleTV boxes and NowTV boxes run on wholly different infrastructures. 

NowTV on AppleTV is purely the NowTV app, only some of the additional apps available on the black or white NowTV boxes are replicated via the AppleTV App Store. 

Channel 4 All4 and ITV hub catchup is NOT currently available from the Apple App store and therefore aren't available via AppleTV. The BBC iPlayer was only offered in mid December. You should perhaps contact Channel 4 and ITV to ask why they're not offered. 

So to sum up, not NowTVs issue. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure you're aware that AppleTV boxes and NowTV boxes run on wholly different infrastructures. 

NowTV on AppleTV is purely the NowTV app, only some of the additional apps available on the black or white NowTV boxes are replicated via the AppleTV App Store. 

Channel 4 All4 and ITV hub catchup is NOT currently available from the Apple App store and therefore aren't available via AppleTV. The BBC iPlayer was only offered in mid December. You should perhaps contact Channel 4 and ITV to ask why they're not offered. 

So to sum up, not NowTVs issue. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have installed NowTV on my Samsung android mobile so I can cat to my tv with Google Chromecast but cannot find BBC iplayer, ITV hub, All4 or Demand 5. Are these available please and if so how do I find them on the app please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as above the NOW TV app only contains NOW TV content. You can watch iPlayer and All4 with their Android apps on your Chromecast however there is still no support for ITV Hub or Demand 5.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. I have installed BBCiplayer and All4 on my Chromecast which work fine. Hope ITV and CH5 soon add support for Chromecast.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If BBC iPlayer was offered in mid-December who do you get it?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm having the same problem trying to find Now TV catch up on my appletv so I can watch sky atlantic for GoT, is the issue the same as for the other channels you mention, or is it that I just have to wait until later tonight before it will let me watch season 6, ep 1 again?

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try this to watch GOT season 6 episode 1 on catch up with an ATV.

Open the NowTV app, select entertainment, then scroll down to bottom of page to channels, then scroll across to Sky Atlantic, then select GOT.

When the GOT appears on screen you should see Season 1, to access Season 6 with the right arrow on the ATV remote scroll  across each season until you get to Season 6 and Episode 1 should be there.Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

oh my god I am officially an idiot Smiley LOL tryin to over complicate things as usual!!! thankyou so much!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad you are sorted, also GOT season 6 episode 2 is also there, did you notice it ? Smiley Wink