cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everyone needs to grow up and calm down.The app will be out when it's out its in there interest for it to be as quick as possible contacting advertising standards etc will only waste your time and potentially delay things! Nowtv part of sky will only be a small team leave them too it. Apple TV is just out and things like player aren't even on it yet. Our fault for wanting to be the first to get one.

For now let's just Netflix and chill...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think the point is Now TV has been advertised as a launch app for the new Apple TV. And some people would have made purchasing decisions based on that. So they're rightly p!issed. And even more so by the lack of information coming out of Sky. It's not much of an issue for me because I have 3 3rd gen Apple TVs that I can continue to watch Now TV on.  But I can't watch in my new Apple TV which is connected to the main TV. So a little inconvenient yes, but a catastrophe no. 

However for others who only have the new Apple TV it is clearly a larger issue. 

I tend to think that, when things go wrong, customers are greatly much more appreciative of (and have more respect for) a company that is open & honest about what's happening, why it's gone wrong, what they are doing to fix it etc. and keeps customers fully informed with as much info as possible.

This approach doesn't necessarily change the customer's level of disappointment at the failure, but it will somewhat mitigate the loss of customer goodwill towards a company that stems from the customer's perceptions of poor handling of a situation.

Sadly not many companies are very good at this at all. There are a few, but most are just awful

The key thing here seems to be that customers want to know "what does 'soon' actually mean"? A rough idea of a timescale would be useful, even if it has to be further revised as things go along. From what I've read so far, "soon" is not currently working at all as a means of managing customer expectations!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disappointed- yes, end of the world- no.

The lack of information and setting expectation is the biggest disappointment in my opinion. However, it is really easy to cancel the nowtv subscription which I have done for now. Once the app is available then I can sign up again (perhaps on a returning customer deal 😉 )
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just purchased the new Apple TV after seeing that Now TV was a launch partner... Wish I had seen this thread first!

I understand that not everything goes to plan but I agree with a number of posters here, Sky need to communicate with us a little more. I cancelled my Sky box and took up Now TV but cannot use it and would like a little more feedback than 'Soon' to debate my options.

Not a huge ask is it Sky? Just be honest with us and although you may peeve a few people off in the process, at least we can make an informed decision on what to do...

Thanks for listening!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They have till the 3rd off December too get this up lol

My sky is being closed then , and I hope the live tv is still 720p on Apple TV with this new app
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haha I must admit it was highly surprising that Apple TV was the only system to play the live shows in 720p... Well anyway the walking dead already fell off (seasons 1-5) so I don't actually have any Pressing need for the app anymore so I will just cancel my sub and wait until they release it... Most likely in January
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know , even there own box play the live tv stuff at SD , which sucks on my 52inch tv

Hence me getting a Apple TV , so am hoping this stays at 720p

I think Apple prob requested it was 720p as part of a deal
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A new version of the NOW TV app has gone live for iOS (meaning, the iPhone / iPad). It has a new "Personal Watchlist" feature. Perhaps this approval is tied to the new Apple TV app and we're about to see it go live...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

More likely that the iOS team have been busy with this, and might now get around to building the Apple TV version.