cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It doesn't need passing on. We've been told it's been passed on countless times. We need your tech team to actually do something!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

I started this original thread on the day I received the Apple TV 4th gen on 24th OCTOBER "2015" , yes 2015

Since then we've only had the port from ATV3 (poor port), but its worked with a lot of faults and with anticipation they were keeping us happy until they could find time to rewrite the app and keep us loyal paying customers on a premium platform happy. How wrong we all were.

But seeing the ATV progressing nicely , and with new version of tvOS coming out in august, so many features they could add and make it an impressive APP but where is this mystical upgrade ...

BUT I think they have been busy getting their Combo Package & new Roku Setop Box that came out today for ordering for £39 with a full functionality of pause and rewind of all live programmes.  I dont want another box, I want just one box that works and that box is the ATV v4 that works well with all my ios and osx devices.

Apple is a premium platform that is under used by all the UK operators including the BBC.

If Apple do ever get that premium content package thats rumoured, I really hope your (skys) monopoly on the US programmes gets kicked in to touch. You have a window Now to Upgrade Us Happy.  ( best I could think of  😉 )

Just give us a decent App Sky ... thats all we ask, and we will generally stop moaning ... 

Lets hope next time I dip into this thread we haev that new super Now TV App we all deserve.

Good night.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've given up on Now TV for the Apple TV, and to be frank, I've given up on the entire Apple TV platform. It's a failure, a dead platform. The Now TV app is indeed a disaster and certainly abandonware, destined never to be updated, but it's far from the only offender on the platform. BBC iPlayer is terrible on the ATV, as are YouTube and Crunchyroll. The ATV will also never see an Amazon Prime app, and where are More4, Demand 5, and ITV Hub? 

The platform is finished. It's dead. I just use my PS4 now, as it has far better apps than the ATV, including a Now TV app which doesn't look like it belongs on a Commodore 64. 

Same here. I abandoned plans to go from ATV Gen 3 to ATV Gen 4, and decided to go Roku instead. Accessing iTunes library on Mac via PLEX client on Roku (Mac runs PLEX server), so the ATV is now only used to Airplay something very occasionally. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately due to a lack of HDMI connections, and the fact that I wanted to simplify things as much as possible, I really needed to use the ATV4 for NOW TV. The app sucks so much though that I'm having to leave the service. What a silly stupid state of affairs this is. The ATV has other great streaming apps, and the NOW TV functionality on their own box and PS4 is great so it surely can be done?

I'm incredibly disappointed by the lack of care and support given the ATV users by NOW TV 😞

Not only have I abandoned Apple TV 4, largely due to the lack of a decent NOW TV app to run on it, but so it would seem (based on the lack of response or action) has NOW TV's development roadmap.

They'll post back saying & insisting that they haven't of course.

But where's the evidence to support that? There isn't any and none will be presented.

Sorry NOW TV but sooner or later "talking the talk" has to be backed up with "walking the walk"!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

Still waiting for an answer here.  To be honest I preferred it when you just lied to customers. Ignoring them is just plain rude.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

I'm afraid there is still no update regarding changes to Apple TV 4.

I'm not sure when this will be updated and I can only apologise for the delay. 

There are different areas involved in getting this updated and unfortunately we've had no news on when or if any changes will occur. 

Sorry again, 

Karl 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

Well then look into it. Ask the questions. If you can't, nobody can. 

It's been almost a year since the ATV4 launched, and all we got then was a completely unchanged port of your terrible, bare bones ATV3 app which itself hadn't been updated in years.

Either support the platform properly, and let's be honest here, you have the resources to do so, or withdraw the app completely as it's a total embarassment.

So ask around and report back tomorrow. If nothing else confirm that the app is officially abandoned.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl, I'm confused as to why you can't say anything about updates to the Now TV app on Apple TV 4. I spoke with your second tier support team a week or so ago and they confirmed, without giving a timescale, that there is definitely an update on the way:

“There is [an update coming], but I'm afraid I can't specify a timescale. We're certainly not ignoring [Apple TV], I know it can feel like that but it's a popular platform and updating it is a priority.”

The support person implied that a bug fix update would probably come prior to any more substantial updates.

I don't know why you are not in a position to give this kind of update but, clearly, others are. It is this kind of reassurance that makes a real difference. It would be really helpful to customers if Now TV were more upfront.