cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it's funny the current Apple TV 4 app is almost a year old now, with ZERO updates...

I would actually pay for more passes if it was easier to find content and see what I was previously watching (My TV).

I find it hard to find content easily and watching live TV is a pain, flicking in and out of the text menu (which doesn't usually reflect the current now/next).

Why isn't the iOS app a universal app as that is updated, and universal Apple TV/iOS apps are supported by Apple.

Do they want my money is the question?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on getting Sky Sports 1 fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really feel Now TV needs to start making some sort of firm statement about the app development for Apple TV?  

This is has gone on far too long.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is really messed up and good example of the state your Apple TV app is in. It's now suggesting that this Vice TV show is a kids show!  (See attached photo)

Sorry to to be so annoyed but when will NOW TV reply to the problems with this app and do we need to start going public on social media or speaking to trading standards or consumer affairs programmes to get some help. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

There was an issue where this was happening,

it was an additional error when the show was being categorised, it was quickly removed.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J

My goodness, a rare sighting of a staff member. Sadly ignoring, as usual, the elephant in the room and focussing on the trivial.

Have you see the reviews for Now TV on the app store? So many one star ratings...  Are you also aware that you haven't bothered to update the Now TV "app" on the Apple TV in several years now?  Really quite remarkable for a big media company to treat paying customers so poorly.  Have you bothered to look at just how shockingly awful Now TV is on the Apple TV? How it's little more than a black screen with text and tiny thumbnails? How it has as much sense of branding and design about it as an MS-DOS application? How it's incredibly sluggish and unresponsive? How it lacks any useful functionality of any kind beyond playing video files? 

Have you ever heard of NETFLIX?

How about you do your job and post an official update on the Apple TV "app", with a date when it will get the re-write it so badly needs. Don't lie. Don't ignore this. We're all sick of the way we're treated on here. Enough.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J thank you for getting back to me on this but can you please address the wider issue for this thread of releasing a statement that indicates a timescale and roadmap for the redevelopment of the Apple TV app?  thank you 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Apologies for the late reply.

We don't currently have timescale or roadmap that we can release. However, we will try make an announce as soon as possible.

Sorry that we can't offer anything concrete at this stage.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to agree. Almost a year with not a single update reflects badly NOW TV. I think at this point you guys should either pull the app or release a completely revamped version.

There's obviously no love for the Apple TV platform and there hasn't been an official progress report or any sign of a roadmap since the launch. Those reasons alone are why I decided to cancel my subscription as I don't use NOW TV on any other platform.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree the NOW TV app for Apple is poor and with the recent (and ongoing problem with Sky Sports 1 crashing) it does seem to indicate that support for Apple TV is effectively over. To be fair to NOW TV, the development of other UK based TV apps on Apple has been slow i.e. no All4, ITV Hub, My5 etc. This is a real shame because the Apple Box is a great piece of kit and imo far superior to Roku boxes. 

It is important that if NOW TV are not serious about supporting Apple TV this should be made clear, given they still advertise it is a supported system and customers are paying good money to receive a poor service.