cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please get this app fixed, it's rubbish.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear all,

I am about to buy the new Sony Bravia KDL43W80 LED HD 1080p 3D Android TV, 43" with Freeview HD and Built-In Wi-Fi, Black - just want top know if NowTV is already set up such as freeview or will I need to connect the mini box set via the HDMi port?

My TalkTalk (Yourview) system has NowTV and it might be that this is all that is available, however, NowTV compatability issues with TalkTalk mean it is not a working function possibly due to advertising/

Either way I still wish to use NowTV but just want to know what to expect before hand so I can ensure I have all my ducks lined up when I finally purchase the new TV.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Bresstermonk

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Brewstermonk,

Are you aware that you have posted your question within the 'Apple TV' section of the forum? Do you have an Apple TV device?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Dear all,

I am about to buy the new Sony Bravia KDL43W80 LED HD 1080p 3D Android TV, 43" with Freeview HD and Built-In Wi-Fi, Black - just want top know if NowTV is already set up such as freeview or will I need to connect the mini box set via the HDMi port?

My TalkTalk (Yourview) system has NowTV and it might be that this is all that is available, however, NowTV compatability issues with TalkTalk mean it is not a working function possibly due to advertising/

Either way I still wish to use NowTV but just want to know what to expect before hand so I can ensure I have all my ducks lined up when I finally purchase the new TV.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Bresstermonk

You're in the wrong sub forum. There is no Now TV app for Android TV and I suspect the chances of that changing are around zero. Android TV is a failed platform, hence the lack of support from pretty much everyone. 

If you want to watch Now TV with a decent UI and some modern functionality then buy a device Sky actually give a damn about, which basically means a Roku (or it's massively gimped step child the Now TV box), or a PS4 or Xbox One. They have an exclusive deal with LG too which means no Now TV on any other smart TV, but as I've never used the LG app so I don't know how bad it is.  Don't buy an Apple TV though, as whilst there is a Now TV app for this platform it is hasn't been updated in 3 years and is abandonware. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just like to add my gripes about the current app (I know it will be ignored and it won't change but still.)

I've used Now TV on Apple TV before but I've got a 3 month pass from NPower and my girlfriend and I are using this to catch up on all the GoT series. Now I have to use this app more often I realise what a pile of hot garbage it truly is. I could probably get past the fact the interface sucks and it doesn't have a 'List'. What I can't excuse are the bugs! The most troublesome bug is at the end of a show when the screen goes black and you have to press menu twice booting you out to the main screen. You then have to find the show you were watching and the episode you now want all over again.

Fine you don't care enough to realease a decent updated app, but christ at least maintian the one you have. This bug has been reported many times and it falls of deaf ears! Are the engineers at Now TV simply lacking the skillset to build for the Apple TV or does Now TV management truly not care about customer expierence. I personally expect it's the latter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback @Anonymous User, I will pass this on for you.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Personally, I love NOW TV. But the app is so outdated. 

The catalogue puts Netflix and others to shame. So why do they have a better app design?

Maybe an app for each pass with the new single-sign-on feature to log in?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now that you've passed it on some time ago, is there any news on the fix?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Now that you've passed it on some time ago, is there any news on the fix?

I admire your optimism, but of course there's no news. The app is abandonware, it will never be updated. Sky can't even be bothered to change the icon from the old lurid green to the new lurid yellow, as they've done on every platform they "support". 

Jump ship, or just cancel your subscription. There are more deserving providers out there, such as ones called Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

Still waiting on that update.

Nothing?

Goodness, and here I was thinking that almost one year on from the ATV 4 launch you might finally have got around to working up a modern app for the platform. I mean come on, how hard can it be? You have the UI assets from the Roku and PS4 apps, so that's easy. You have all the iOS code from your iPhone and iPad apps, so that's easy too.  Your iOS team should have been able to knock out an ATV4 port of the Roku app within a few days, then throw in a few extra days for top shelf, visual scrubbing, and Siri support. I bet Apple would even feature you if you could ever be bothered to work on the platform.

Somehow though the app, if it can be called that, is still on version 1.0, which is actually somewhat flattering as it's clearly more of an early pre-alpha test version, so bad is the UI and so lacking is it in functionality. 

Maybe us Apple TV owners should feel special, as we've been singled out by Sky for such unique treatment. While EVERY OTHER PLATFORM has a modern Now TV app with My List, History, Up Next, and a modern looking UI, Apple users, who do have something of a history of liking good UI design, have an app which accurately simulates an MS-DOS app from the 1980s. It's impressive in a way, impressive for it's staggering arogance, stupidity, and total disdain for paying customers. 

Some come on Karl, let's have that update.  Don't dordle, come on. We're all waiting.