cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User-R Okay, then either a) give the Apple TV app to the team which handles the other iOS versions, as they clearly have time, resources, and a work ethic which the current Apple TV developer lacks, or b) share the roadmap.

The Apple TV 4 app has hasn't had a single update, and the launch version was the absolute minimum you could possibly have done to pass certification. It plays video files, well done. But that's all it does. Be candid for a minute, do you think it compares favourably with the apps you have on EVERY other platform? Do you think you are serving customers well?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User We've never claimed that that app has the same features as any other. Of course I'm aware that there are lots of improvements that could be made to it.

As for serving customers well, we've never made any commitment at all to do anything beyond what we've done, so I don't think it's fair to say we're not serving customers with Apple TV 4th gen well. You could just as easily make the same statement about any platform which we don't support (like Samsung smart TVs), or that doesn't have every feature (YouView only has on demand movies for example).

I'm not going to add anything else on this topic until there's news, as I'm well aware that nothing I say can make you happy. I completely understand you being frustrated that the app doesn't do things you want it to, and if/when that situation changes, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User-R I suggested a few things you could do to make discontented Apple TV customers happy, such as sharing the roadmap. With other platforms seeing regular updates and improvements and your only response to the Apple TV debacle is effectively "no comment" the impression given is extremely negative.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Firstly, thank you to @Anonymous User for the replies.

Secondly, @Anonymous User, yes the NOW TV app is basic but it's the first version to be released on a system not even 6 months old.

"No comment" as you put it isn't a strange concept for companies wanting to keep releases, ideas and features under wraps until they're ready to talk about them. Apple is a prime example of this. They announce products and services only when they're ready to be talked about. Announcing a roadmap is futile because it can be difficult for developers to keep to exact (or sometimes even rough) delivery dates. If NOW TV said "Version 2 for Apple TV will be available February 1st" and a last minute hitch meant it was nowhere to be seen on that date you'd no doubt be back on here voicing your concerns(?).

Be patient and be happy that there's a NOW TV app at all. I'm confident the NOW TV teams aren't ignoring the app and I would be happy to bet that they're working on an update, however big or small.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When using the siri voice search on Apple TV it would be great if it returned Now TV results.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, I've merged your post into the main discussion about the Apple TV 4th gen app. There's no news at the moment, so the last message I posted here still stands.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User any update for this topic?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User as per the message above and the link to this post when there is an update they will post it here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I press the voice control button and say for example "terminator genius" it takes me to a page where all I can do is preview the film, a few other options and it says purchase or rent through iTunes.....even though it's free in the movies section of now TV which I have. It does not take me to the now to section where for example 'terminator genisys' is FREE. So when I'm in the now TV app using my Apple TV black box and press the voice control button and say the film I'm looking for, that I know is in now to and free it redirects me to an option that only allows me to rent or purchase it through iTunes. The problem being that if I want to watch a specific film on now to but don't know what section it is in I can spend 10/20 minutes scrolling rough all the film to find it. Is this a flaw or what?

please help

many thanks

jacob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately the voice search feature in Apple TV only works with compatible apps. The NOW TV app isn't compatible with that feature.