cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

There are no plans to upgrade the layout of the NOW TV app on Apple TV at this time. If there is any change to come, we'll update you in the normal fashion.

Bisa

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please add this to your future plans... consider it a suggestion for improvement! 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

There are no plans to upgrade the layout of the NOW TV app on Apple TV at this time. If there is any change to come, we'll update you in the normal fashion.

Bisa

NOW TV Team

Not good enough. 

Why are Apple TV users being treated so very differently to users of other platforms? We pay the same, but get an app with a vastly worse user interface and have no access to basic and essential features such as watchlist. 

Its irritating too too that you haven't just pooped out a terrible and pig ugly app, but you've also ignored literally every new feature that could be considered a reason to buy the new Apple TV. No Siri voice search (for goodness sake Sky!!), no thumbnail scrubbing, no top shelf feed, and a white text on black UI design which is explicitly and strongly discouraged by Apple themselves.  Did you guys even read the SDK? 

Its the the worst app on the App Store, which is saying something given how bad many of them are. 

If you continue to put out new updates to the PS4, Xbox One, and Roku apps whilst leaving the ATV app languishing, then you really are a disgrace and should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Calm down mate, you'll give yourself a heart attack.  It's not that big a deal. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User In saying there's now plans to update the design, are you also saying there are no plans to add features like My TV to the Apple TV? Are there plans to also make use of the Top Shelf feature, visual scrubbing, and voice search? It's one thing for the app to be very average right now, it's another thing if you are not planning to improve it. Can you advise on Sky's commitment to making Now TV on the Apple TV a great experience? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I think it's best if I jump in here.

We've discussed this already in the other topics about the app on Apple TV 4th gen.

The app we released is the existing app for the older versions of Apple TV, so of course we haven't added any of the new functionality to it.

As for what "no plans" means, it simply means that there's nothing we can announce at this stage about this. We don't tend to announce improvements to apps before they launch anyway though, so it's a bit of a non-statement. Don't read anything into it.

As soon as we've got any news about improvements to the app, we'll share it with you, but until then, there's nothing more for us to add. We know there are people who are desperate to see these improvements made available, but that's exactly the same as with every other platform we're available on. We have a roadmap which covers all such developments, and will fit improvements into it when we can.

Please direct any further comments about this to me, by typing @tom-r in your posts. That said, there's nothing more to add right now, but I want to make sure I read everything you have to say.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anybody know when the App for Apple TV 4 will be updated with a better UI similar to the one on LG TVs and remember My List and which episodes have been watched?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I merged your post into this topic that was already set up regarding this question.

Please see the post that @Anonymous User has put up for further information.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous User, is there any more news yet on when an update to Apple TV 4 will be coming?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Unfortunatley we have no other information regarding an update to Apple TV 4. 

As soon as there is any news, I will update this thread. 

Thanks

Karl