cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@morobishi I think you know we ain't getting no explanation!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmmm I'm at work now but isn't there even a MyTV section in it, that is most annoying about old Apple TV that I had to search and work out which episode I was on. I usually resorted to a £10 NowTV box which is still connected due to these app delays.

If this is a basic app lets hope a proper app is coming as the interface on Roku/NowTV boxes is very good and really improved since it launched.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All we can hope is they intended to release a new version, realised they just weren't going to be ready and after the backlash against Now TV and Apple for saying they were a launch partner they stuck the old app on there from the ATV3 (which should have been done on day 1!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow...you guys...just wow.

Quit complaining and enjoy the app. You were moaning nothing was there, now you're moaning because is there.

So the UI is similar to the previous version. The functionality is there and Sky will more than likely update the UI in the future. Just be happy you've got the app!

Jeeze.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure we're all pleased that there's finally some sort of Now TV presence on the new Apple TV. But it should have been there at the start as advertised, and if it's only a basic rehashed version of the previous app, what's with the delay!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all
I've just subscribed to free trial.
Stupidly I done that without checking if the app was available for my new Apple TV.
I can't find it. Any update or idea when we might get it?
Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Search and you will find!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had a quick look at the app now, and it's staggeringly bad. The interface is eye wateringly ugly. It's hard to believe a huge organisation like Sky could put out something which isn't just basic and ugly, but so bad as to brand damaging.

You know all that nice UI work they've been doing on other Now TV apps? It's nowhere to be seen here. This really is an empty black screen with white text on top. Teletext from the 1989s was more graphically interesting.

An official response to this farce please. Why is this app such a lazy, lame, and miserably weak effort? Is this just a temporary place holder, or is this the Apple TV app for eternity?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am certainly glad it's there now, maybe NowTV can comment if this app will be updated in line with their other apps with regard to layout and functionality.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yahoo. It's there. Better than nothing.

This may be from this pressure and we Now hope they are working on the super upgrade for later in its cycle.