cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is really bad service ...they should give an estimate as already mentioned it's advertised as available
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Despite this debacle Sky still block AirPlay on their iPad app. You couldn't make this stuff up. 

Meanwhile back in Netflix land they have a beautiful app ready for launch day with none of the inane decide activation limits Sky (and ONLY Sky) impose, and it's in high bit rate 1080p with 5.1 audio. 

Still at least they are showing up to the Apple TV party someday, unlike Amazon, so I'll give them credit for that at least. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are they though? There's supposed to be a new box coming from Sky soon.....
Is there a guarantee that NowTV is coming to ATV? The Oct 30th promise has past by.
PLEASE let this not be another Amazon toys/pram.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi all just had a talk with one of now tv advisers which werent very helpful please find a copy of my chat.

deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:08:05 GMT): Thanks for contacting NOW TV, you are talking to deeka. How can I help?
Me (3 November 2015 at 22:08:36 GMT): hi there my name Alex and i need some help with my now tv
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:08:50 GMT): Hi Alex.
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:09:03 GMT): I'll try my best to help you 🙂
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:09:15 GMT): Please tell me how can I help you today?
Me (3 November 2015 at 22:10:55 GMT): Ive just purchased a new apple tv gen 4 and can't find the app to download onto it can you please help me to either if it is available yet or when it will be available for me to use
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:11:58 GMT): I'll certainly check and help you with the required details.
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:12:15 GMT): Can you confirm the email address registered on the NOW TV account?
Me (3 November 2015 at 22:12:32 GMT):
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:13:03 GMT): Thanks for the details.
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:13:06 GMT): Please stay connected for two minutes while I check this for you.
Me (3 November 2015 at 22:13:21 GMT): ok not a problem
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:17:02 GMT): Thanks for waiting.
Me (3 November 2015 at 22:17:25 GMT): thats ok
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:19:52 GMT): Alex, I see that the new Apple TV gen 4 do not have NOW TV App on it and the option to download it on it however you can get it on the older version of Apple TV.
Me (3 November 2015 at 22:22:18 GMT): i don't have the older version of apple tv so do you know if it is coming to the newer version of apple tv and if so when will this likely to be
deeka (3 November 2015 at 22:24:51 GMT): I'm sorry as I do not have any update on this however, let me escalate this case to our dedicated second line team who will get back to you with the update.

im not holding up any help but we will see what happens will keep you all posted on what is said and if i know anything different from the rest of you who are in the same predicament as i am.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well this is annoying! Just upgraded from ATV3 to 4, went to download NowTV app and it's not there. Found this thread at least. I'll give it a couple of days otherwise may as well cancel my subscription as I don't watch via any other method (I'm not watching TV on an iPad!)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree with everyone! One of my primary reasons for buying the Apple TV was that it had NowTV + plex + air play. I hoped all other iOS apps would transition quickly like they did for iPad. 

I have freinds that work for Plex and they are some of the best developers I know and it took them 5 weeks to make a polished good quality app: https://blog.plex.tv/2015/11/02/plex-on-the-new-apple-tv/ 

But they say there is an easy transition for old Apple TV apps. Given the marketing the Now TV app really should have been available on launch day, even if it was a quick port of the old app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I agree with everyone! One of my primary reasons for buying the Apple TV was that it had NowTV + plex + air play. I hoped all other iOS apps would transition quickly like they did for iPad. 

I have freinds that work for Plex and they are some of the best developers I know and it took them 5 weeks to make a polished good quality app: https://blog.plex.tv/2015/11/02/plex-on-the-new-apple-tv/ 

But they say there is an easy transition for old Apple TV apps. Given the marketing the Now TV app really should have been available on launch day, even if it was a quick port of the old app.

That's a very interesting post from Plex as it explains why some apps, evidently written in TVML look so incredibly basic, with no user interface design, or design flair at all. Plex have managed to take the ease of TVML but pair it with proper iOS code to create something beautiful. Others, such as YouTube and Crunchyroll have not, and as a result have apps which look like they've just fallen off a 1980s micro computer. 

Which route will Now TV have taken? The easy but ugly route? Or the pretty but hard route... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's available now!

I've just installed it on my Apple TV.  😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Better late than never I suppose. But the app looks.... identical to the previous version. You'd hope this is only a temporary version, and not the one we've all been waiting for! Because if it is, well it's like they didn't even try.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow, just wow. I haven't seen it yet, but if it has the same bare bones UI of white text on an empty black background, someone needs to explain why.

This isn't acceptable.