cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV version 4 support

New Apple TV launches October 2015.

Will nowtv app be available on New Apple TV version 4 at launch.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and anyone on this thread I may have unintentionally missed 🙂

The NOW TV app for the new Apple TV should be coming out soon, so please keep an eye out.

Thanks,

Rich

View solution in original post

300 REPLIES 300
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User silence? They replied to this thread yesterday. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've read this thread. 

The essential missing items from NowTV are 

1. No prior warning that the App wasn't going to be ready. This would have helped decision making as to whether to invest in the box at this time. Surely an advisory issued at the beginning of the week, if not earlier would have been useful. 

2. No prompt notification that the App wasn't available yesterday, preventing searching and head-scratching. 

3. No timescale as to when it will be available to download.

and far more important a simple apology, rather than a late statement. Acknowledging these three issues would be helpful, answers moreso. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

it is not like they have had sdk for a day the have had for over 2 months to work on it and they got sky news up no probs sky fix it out today i am getting mad with you not apple please state what is going one this is what we all want easy to do do you not want people yes they do not

no sports now for today i thanks sky should give one month free of what monthly pass you have for this

sky you are at it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday I had a chat with customer support and they confirmed they are working on it, as expected.

That said... someone here need to calm down. It's just a matter of waiting some day, it's just a movie service, not a first world problem. I'm a subscriber too and there's always the chance to temporarily cancel the subscription if the process will takes weeks.

Go out, get a pint and have a laugh with a friend instead of crying out that you have no chance to stay glued down to the sofa for a day or two 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think 'soon' is an answer or apology, I could tell you it would be soon as still advertised on Apples website.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not that it's missing that's really the problem. Stuff goes wrong, deadlines get missed. Understandable. All that was required was a statement in advance, rather than just waiting and leaving everyone guessing and frustrated. "Sorry - it's late. It'll be done within x days due to a technical problem." Maybe they've re-written the whole thing for a far more modern experience and it'll be loads better when it's done. I'm ok waiting for that. Silence will garner no understanding, Sky.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I sincerely hope it's a rewritten app. Apps on the old Apple TV were incredible basic looking things with absolutely terrible user interfaces. Even on the new Apple TV, some apps, such as YouTube and CrunchyRoll have retained their old fashioned primitive UIs. Others, such as Netflix, have the same modern UIs as seen on other Netflix platforms. 

If if the Now TV app, when it finally arrives doesn't look like the Now TV PS4 app, with the same "my list" functionality and new UI, then people should feel pretty annoyed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haha 2 days and only "soon" again... Brilliant...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some of these comments are a little bit embarrassing, so what the apps been delayed, clearly not the end of the world.

I think it's great that people want it, it's also good to see people actively telling Sky they want an up date. But keep your toys in the pram!

Yes I've got an Apple TV4 and yes I would like an updated NowTV app, yes a little disappointed it's not out on release day. So Sky please can you update ASAP. (No need for OTT comments).

Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a new appreciation of the Morrisey song 'How soon is now' 😉

everyone should just act with their wallets as I have and cancel their subscription until it is restored making sure that you tell them the reason for cancelling, if swathes of subscriptions drop out all at the same time for the same reason maybe someone higher up the food chain will start cracking the whip!

as long as it's back up within the next month then I won't miss any catch up episodes of Walking Dead which is my only real concern at the moment 🙂

just a a quick FYI if anyone is experiencing issues with their new Apple TV waking up all the time after being put to sleep I've tracked it down to Netflix App, you'll need to go to your account online and disable auto playback... Hope that helps as it was driving me nuts!