cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV App...

So we finally got the old Now Tv app ported over from ATV 3 to the New Apple TV (ATV4 if you will) after much whinging... When will we get one that's actually made for ATV4? That is now the new question!
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User does it do this every time? Can you try a few different shows to see if it's just a specific one?

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I watched the two most recent episodes of modern family last night, both did it. I will probably watch something else tonight and report back.

Neil

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I had the black screen after a show finished too when my girls were watching Peppa Pig.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User thanks for letting us know - I'll raise it with the technical team.

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Are you able to confirm if some of the bespoke to Apple TV 4 features (e.g. Siri/universal search) will be coming in due course? And will a My List and Recently watched feature be added? These seem pretty critical in order for the App to be truly useful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User we're rolling out new functionality to all of our apps as and when we can. I don't know for certain that we will do, but I'd think it very likely that we will. I can't offer a timescale on when though.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched the two most recent episodes of Modern Family last night, both did it. Pause didn't work so it wasn't blank footage.

Will try something else tonight and report back.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you report the displayed app title bug too please?

On the Apple TV desktop the log scrolling name from the store is used, being truncated as on the desktop. Opposed to just 'Now TV'.

Hope this makes sense, the long scrolling version highlights apps features for when browsing the store.  The home screen doesn't scroll so just truncates.  Sister app Sky News has a long store name and just Sky News on the home screen. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User will do 🙂

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just setup my 2nd new Apple TV and the app title glitch wasn't present, so I reinstalled on the 1st device and that is fixed now. Odd one.

Anyway just watched latest episode of The Affair on the box I reinstalled the app, it still stalled at the end with a black screen, paused didn't work so wasn't video. Pressing menu did work, so this is a bug.