cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV App...

So we finally got the old Now Tv app ported over from ATV 3 to the New Apple TV (ATV4 if you will) after much whinging... When will we get one that's actually made for ATV4? That is now the new question!
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User thanks for letting me know!

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Xbox one app has the My TV option too
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd also vote for a new app. 

Looks like Now TV are going to get some competition on the Apple TV. 

Amazon Prime are rumoured to have a new app in the coming days. http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/28/apple-tv-amazon-prime-video-tvos-app/

If if its better than Now TV I'm moving service to them. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree. The ATV 4 version of the app is pretty pathetic. Lacks so many features.

Trying to find the show you want to watch is not easy. Siri search is required pronto
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's amusing to look at the ratings on the ATV app store for Now TV - they're almost all one or two stars. Netflix meanwhile, is mostly 4 or 5 stars. Happy with that rating Sky? Job well done?

It's also amusing if rather tragic that a niche cinephille streaming service like MUBI was able to write an Apple TV app (having previously not been on the platform at all) and get it onto the app store within a few months of launch. And their app is absolutely beautiful and makes full use of the ATV's features, except for Siri search, but that isn't available to small providers until next year. They're a tiny outfit, and the app was put together by 2 or 3 guys. Meanwhile at Murdoch towers, Now TV updates continue to arrive for other platforms, while the Apple TV languishes with the ugliest, least feature rich Now TV app anywhere.

Big companies often make mistakes, but the level of incompetance, and worse, complacency from Sky over this is alarming. Will they ever re-write the train wreck that is the ATV app? Will it ever get a modern looking UI, Siri search, top shelf, and visual scrubbing? Will it even get the Watchlist, next up, progress bar, resume play, cross device position sync, and last played features that EVERY other Now TV app has had for many months if not years? Tune in next year for more disappointment!