cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV sign in failure on Apple TV 3

Can't sign into Now TV since resetting my Apple TV 3. I can sign in to the app on my iPhone, on Playstation and on my laptop but not on Apple TV. I have tried resetting my password and deleting Apple TV from my list of devices, still no joy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you getting the 'username/password not recognized' message?

If so, a lot of black now tv box owners were getting this, the problem was (thanks to user Vyeking for finding a workaround) when using a password that contained a special character (% +, etc), try a password without a special character to see if this resolves the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can't sign into Now TV since resetting my Apple TV 3. I can sign in to the app on my iPhone, on Playstation and on my laptop but not on Apple TV. I have tried resetting my password and deleting Apple TV from my list of devices, still no joy.

@Anonymous User

Hi Akin

Welcome to the forum

When trying to log into the AppleTV are you using your email address or username? Or have you tried both?

Also is other apps working on the AppleTV and is the software up to date

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aaron,
Yes I have tried both my email address and username. The AppleTV software is up to date and all other apps work, e.g. Netflix.

Thanks

Akin
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you getting the 'username/password not recognized' message?

If so, a lot of black now tv box owners were getting this, the problem was (thanks to user Vyeking for finding a workaround) when using a password that contained a special character (% +, etc), try a password without a special character to see if this resolves the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi Aaron,
Yes I have tried both my email address and username. The AppleTV software is up to date and all other apps work, e.g. Netflix.

Thanks

Akin

@Anonymous User Could you try the suggestion given by @Anonymous User and let us know how you get on

Thanks

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Password without special characters did the trick.