cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV app needs a redesign

As the title said, Now TV app needs a redesign. I really don't know why they don't work on it like WHY 

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seeing as NowTV never built or designed the current version... It is time they dumped the third party build thats its running on Apple TV and ported over the HTML5 console/boxes app...

I Know why they won't as that will mean the dropping of HD live streams as the console apps don't use Apples Live streaming tech that currently running in the third party build...

but youll be fine with SD movies and TV shows on live right... trade of for the new interface... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Lol if the quality was SD I wouldn't be a subscriber.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I must admit I prefer NOW TV's 'no fuss' GUI over Apples 'card shuffle' GUI's....

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

I must admit I prefer NOW TV's 'no fuss' GUI over Apples 'card shuffle' GUI's....

The new tvOS running on the latest (4th Generation) Apple TV allows much better & nicer apps to be designed. It's a shame that NOW TV so far seem to show no interest in producing a new snazzier app and are sticking with the clunky old app that lacks many of the features of the NOW TV that runs on the NOW TV box, the Roku boxes, iOS devices etc etc.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

dr_necessitor wrote:

...It's a shame that NOW TV so far seem to show no interest in producing a new snazzier app and are sticking with the clunky old app that lacks many of the features of the NOW TV that runs on the NOW TV box, the Roku boxes, iOS devices etc etc.

Lol...

Around a year ago there was a huge outcry when the current NOW TV GUI was launched. Change it again? Oh noooooooooo! Smiley Surprised

@SeeMoreDigital Apologies if the gist of my previous post was unclear - my comments were about the current Apple TV app being clunky! The app on other platforms is fine and I'd like to see the functionality from those replicated in a new app for Apple TV.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital Apologies if the gist of my previous post was unclear - my comments were about the current Apple TV app being clunky! The app on other platforms is fine and I'd like to see the functionality from those replicated in a new app for Apple TV.

I see..... 

Don't know if you have used the NOW TV app on Apple TV, but it's poor when compared to the user interface experience of the NOW TV app on Roku and the NOW TV box itself.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor wrote:
Don't know if you have used the NOW TV app on Apple TV, but it's poor when compared to the user interface experience of the NOW TV app on Roku and the NOW TV box itself.

Yes, I've seen it on my brother-in-laws Apple TV (he and my sister are big Apple product suckers). I'm not a fan of any of their GUI's. Nor am I a fan of their minimal remote controls Smiley Surprised