cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maximum device activity reached

Hi I've messed about with my devices ( still only wanting to use the original 4 that I set up with) and now my Apple TV now app won't work!!! Please help
6 REPLIES 6
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Ordinarily you are permitted to change one registered device per month, which comes into effect at the beginning of the next new month. However, for 'forced' device limit resetting you will need contact a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers are not sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am trying to watch Now TV in my new Apple TV, but when I select a program it says "You have reached the maximum devices activity limit...".

I didn't have 4 devices already in my account but deleted one (old rocku stick). My account says I can still swap one device before 1 August, and the empty slot says just start watching something to add it.  But when I try on Apple TV the error above appears.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing you tried signing out of the NowTV App, then powering down the ATV at the mains, then power back up the ATV and log back into the NowTV App ?

If that doesn't work, jump over to live chat and explain to them what's happening and they should be able to reset your device slots.

Here's a link for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much - I had been struggling to find the live chat or anything similar!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there i used the maximum last month and its still saying the same thin any help would be great
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried going to My Account > Manage Devices to remove one device before you add a new device (see link guide for further information about manage your devices).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

If for some reason under Manage Devices it won't let you remove and add one new device for this calendar month then jump over to live chat and explain to them what's happening.

Here's a link below for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices