cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for bringing this to us i have flagged this to our Content team to see if its intentional or if its an issue once i find out i will get back you here. 🙂

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am having the same issue again !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
They've fixed it
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
They've fixed it

Amazing! Thanks NowTV content guys!

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know. 

We've took your comments and board and tried to get this resolved as quickly as we could. 

Thanks for letting us know it's fixed and working! 🙂 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Karl-F - as you can see form the comments, there was a disagreement as to who customers should contact with regards the app. In the future, who should we contact and who is responsible for the app? It feels clear to many of us that it is NowTV we should get in touch with, could you please let us know if this is no longer the case? Thanks again

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

No problem at all. If you have any issues with the NOW TV App on your Apple TV device, please get in touch with us here, as we'll be able to get the ball rolling and contact Apple if they are required to assist. 

Then we'll try our best to get the issue fixed as quickly as possible. 

Thanks again all. 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All fixed now so whatever you did at your end Sky - Well done!

So a final word from me and again as a developer for both web and iOS in my opinion the Apple TV NowTV app is utterly pants!  No disrespect or rudeness intended! 

There is a part of me that thinks Sky purposely hold back from making the NowTV system too good as ultimately the longer you can continue to get monthly contracted subscriptions through the traditional methods the (financially) better for you.  I'm a businessman.  Nobody gives a cost saving they don't need to.  "Make hay while the sun shines" and all that.  

Ultimately the future is knocking on our doors and TV as we all know it is changing.  Us "cord cutters" will soon be the norm and your business model will have organically grown around that change.

There is another part of me that thinks the app needs some work and nobody at Sky has thought about it.  More accidental ignorance than intent.

Either way the technology is there, you're Sky, so you have the development teams.  You could make the app absolutely fantastic in many more ways, NowTV just isn't a priority (yet).  More a forward thinking pet project.

I look forward to the day NowTV becomes more important to you than the old mainstream systems.  3 to 5 years maybe?

Just a very humble mans opinion, doesn't mean I'm right!

Happy viewing fellow NowTV'ers 🙂

P.S - I quite like the Roku app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right, so there are a lot of posts on this forum about how bad the Apple TV 4th Gen app is, in terms of technical problems (like the constant crashing or lack of sound) to feature problems (no watchlist, now/next etc) to UI/UX (it's a port of an old legacy hardware app). Now TV has appered to have washed their hands of it and on many occasions told subscribers to 'contact Apple' (even though Sky are listed as the app's developer!!!).

So, I figured I would give a few handy links for AppleTV subscribers to make a complaint to Apple about Now TV. If enough of us make enough noise directly to Apple (who do actaully read feedback messages), they'll do something kick Sky into gear to sort out the mess on their end. 

General feeback link: http://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html 

(I suggest anyone with an issue or concern send a feeback report to Apple. Don't ask for them to fix the problems, tell it like it is and say how the developer isn't choosing to resolve the issue)

If you have downloaded the app or subscribed in app in the last 90days: https://reportaproblem.apple.com

(I would ask for a refund if you used an in app purchase)

To cancel a subscription: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202039

Apple don't like badly put together or shoddy legacy ports of apps on new devices (which the NowTV app is). Hopefully by putting pressure on Apple they'll give Sky the kick up the backside to do something with their app. Apple has the power to suspend developers (not just apps) remember.

If anyone has anyother useful links or email address please do share them. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

....even though Sky are listed as the app's developer!!!

In the case of all Apple playback devices, the NOW TV 'app' unlocks the 'front door'. Which unlocks the front door just fine!

What goes on behind the front door (ie: the look of the UI, the links to the content and even some of the purchasing systems) is designed and controlled by Apple. Not NOW TV...