cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV player launched today on Apple TV 4

ITV player looks great lots of rich content and live channels

So now tv that’s almost all the uk major catch up services along with Netflix and soon amazon.

When will you update your app!!??

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon is likely to launch today (availability already confirmed in the US).

I suspect All 4 and possibly UKTV Play aren’t too far off from launching on the ATV4/4K as well.

I refuse to re-subscribe to NOW TV until there is a meaningful update to the ATV4/4K app. I’m sure many others feel the same, and Sky are missing out on revenue due to their lack of vision.

nickmorc
Expert 2

Apple Tv is starting to come together rather well. 

Just now need Now Tv to work harder ! and bring us the updated app that we need !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Amazon is likely to launch today (availability already confirmed in the US).

I suspect All 4 and possibly UKTV Play aren’t too far off from launching on the ATV4/4K as well.

I refuse to re-subscribe to NOW TV until there is a meaningful update to the ATV4/4K app. I’m sure many others feel the same, and Sky are missing out on revenue due to their lack of vision.

I don't know about UKTV, but C4 have no plans for an ATV app. The guy who runs All4 is on Twitter, and he occasionally replies to people asking for an ATV app. He's pretty dismissive and arrogant, and says the Apple TV isn't worth it as the user base is too small. He also dismisses HD streaming as not a high priority. He's a jerk, but I guess at least he answers questions to a degree, unlike Now TV. 

When was the last time anyone from Sky posted on here? One year ago? Or maybe two? This place could have turned into a nest of smugglers and Sky world never know. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m not so sure...on the release of the tv app for Apple in the U.K. today (its been a busy week for Apple TV in the U.K.) there is an official Apple news feed reposted by pocket ink that says all4 will be out in the new year as a native app

P
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Certainly a jerk. He pretty much confirmed a few months back that the only reason they did Fire TV is because they were paid and today he confirmed the reason they did a Windows Phone app is because they were paid..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m sure now the ex controller of Channel 4 has gone to Apple they will pay too.

P